Friday, January 18, 2019

When The Weather Is Late!

Where is my Snow Storm?   I was promised...   Nah.. WARNED! That there was going to be a HUGE snow storm today.

 Snow, blowing and drifting snow,  wind, blowing wind, cold temps with poor visibility, slippery roads, icy spots,  mixed with sleet, snow, and more snow!    Add in even  MORE snow for good measure and THAT was what was promised!   At 3:30 P.M. today!
We prepared. Took their advice and got home before the storm.   We even cut our run/bike short to 13 miles just so we could beat the snow storm.   We are currently safe and sound in our warm 600 square foot apartment...  looking out the window  for the snow.

But where is it?    It is currently 4:45 P.M and there is not even a crystal of the white stuff.   The wind is there, but without the snow...  it is just wind.   Sure the cold is there.  It has been there all week with the wind.  But no snow.
I would not mind if it missed us entirely.   I don't mind driving on dry roads and biking on clear sidewalks.  But when we were warned... Threatened...  Repeatedly!   That there was going to be snow...  I guess I expect snow.


So do we blame the weather guy?   The National Weather Service?    Al Gore?    Why can't they predict the weather?   Come on Al...  Where is that Global Warming Apocalypse you promised 15 years ago?   (2005 was it? 

We were supposed to be on fire by now.)   I sold all of my stock in beach front properties because I thought it would be underwater.    Think of all that money I would have.... had I not listened to the "experts".
Ok,  I'm just having one of those days where my Origami does not pan out.   And I look for things to blame.   I wanted to get cozy with a hot cocoa and fold something while the snow slowly fell and the wind gently whirled it around the window.   But none of that is happening... including the Folding!

So,  the snow storm is LATE!   Fill out a pink slip.   Deduct a gold star for being Tardy.   This will go on its permanent record.   At least I can say I'm more punctual than Mother nature...  And not foolish enough to yell the sky is falling when it may not even fall.  But I guess Ultimately I'm to blame for believing them in the first place.  Besides,   even if the storm HAD started by now... I have a Subaru.   And Subie's LOVE the snow. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails