Sunday, January 13, 2019

Running After The Big Snow.


Cheryl cleans off Subie.
Another Winter Storm. 
Yesterday was a big snow storm.  It dumped about 8 inches on us and it was a serious challenge to get those roads clear.   We decided to take the day off from exercise and thanked our lucky stars that we got the long run done on Friday.   Today,  we wanted to see how the plows fared against the blizzard.


Ready to run?   Are the Sidewalks
Clear?
Doesn't look like it. 
Mostly for the sidewalks.   Subie can handle almost anything Mother Nature throws at him.  But Cheryl's running is a different matter.   There was one time when it was a fresh snow and she flat refused!  Running on a plowed sidewalk is the preferred standards.

Why is this man sweating profusely?

Looks like he has snow is
his tires. 
The plows DID manage to plow a few of the sidewalks and part of the trail.  But the trail around the lake was untouched.  It did not stop walkers and skiers from doing their routine.  Cheryl found it a bit of a challenge trying to run.   But she seemed to manage just fine.

I, however,  did not experience the same ease.   It was rather difficult trying to maintain my balance in the ruts and pot holes that other people left for me.   And having just fixed my bike, I was not in a big hurry to break it.  Or myself!
Finally,  the trail clears. 

Iowa Eagle. 

But after we finally got around it,  the trail cleared.   I talked to one of the guys who was plowing and he told us he had cleared most of our normal route.  Good news for the Marathon Runner!  ( And her Cyclist sidekick!)

Perhaps my best picture yet. 


Find the eagle and the runner in this picture. 
The Eagles were out again in full bloom.   I possibly got the BEST shot of one so far.   He was perched with no branches in front of him so I could actually focus!   At least he looks like an Eagle and  not a Crow or Chicken!  (Hawk reference)   The camera does not do it justice just how close they are to us. 
They fly over us all the time. 


Cat tracks on the Subie
Other than that,  We came home and I played with the outdoor cat for a bit.   He seems to love the Subie.... as indicated by his muddy paw prints.  Every time I try to capture him in the act of vandalism,  he manages to disappear before I get the camera.   I'll try again tomorrow.


Folding some Iowa Fun for the
Casey's Employees. 
And now it is quiet time with Hiro and Cheryl and some Origami.   Recently,  one of the people at the Casey's store has hinted they like Origami....  I do not need much more to begin flooding them with paper sculptures.   He mentioned a dollar bill ring....  ( Kiddy stuff!)   So I folded him a  koi....  mostly to show off and that  I really like to fold stuff.  Tomorrow I have three animals to drop off.   Iowa is known for Chicken, Pigs and Unicorns.   So I folded all three.   Maybe tomorrow I will attempt a cow.  We shall see.
Iowa is Known for its Pigs, Chickens and Unicorns. 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails