Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Sehr Windige Tage...

Running in the Wind. 
White caps on the lake.
It is very windy today.   It was very windy yesterday!    40 mile per hour gusts will stop you in your tracks and make you feel as if you are running uphill...  Both ways.  Despite that...  we decided to run/bike anyway.   It was an exercise in misery,  but we did it.   Because..  Cheryl.

Notice the Braids flying sideways


Running in the Rain!
The day before yesterday... It was Rain!   Rain is only slightly less miserable IF  the weather is of a decent temp.   And it was!   Almost 52!   Cheryl ran in shorts!   And the rain did not last the entire day, so it was all good. (Of course, it DID last for most of the run.)


Notice the wet windbreaker.
And the Shorts! 
"Neighbor's Cat."
I actually enjoyed the warmer temps.   I fussed around with the "neighbor's cat" for a while,  while the sunshine was out.   ( Which was most of the day.)  He is not really the neighbor's cat .  I think he is "unaffiliated" and chooses to spend most of his time bothering me with his bites, scratches, and desires to be petted.  I'm the only one that I know of that plays with him, so I guess he thinks we are friends or something.

Currently considering all
options...  including me!
Not really.   He is a "Free Agent" 
By the way,  I currently am a the Barnes and Nobles book store using their free WiFi... because we used up all of our WiFi rations after Christmas.   And besides,  Free WiFi is a lot like finding a Mushroom in the woods.   You could grow them at home and have a steady supply that is safer to eat, but it is much more satisfying  and exciting finding them free in the woods.   Similar to an Easter Egg hunt!


Lion's Mane Mushroom. 
Looks like Cauliflower without those
little Icicles.
Speaking of Mushrooms....   I have been growing the Lion's Mane Mushroom  from a kit that Cheryl purchased for me since Christmas... And they have really gone to town!   I finally harvested them (One on each side of the bag.) yesterday and we have been eating them in Omelettes with a number of Button and Oyster Mushrooms.   I took a  small cut off from the base today and plan on infusing a tree in the Coralville Nature Trail later today.  I'm very excited to see if I can get these things to grow naturally... AND perhaps cultivate them from home.  (Lion's Mane has Medicinal Value for your brain....  Combating Alzheimer's and other nervous system ailments.   AND it taste like lobster!)
Cheryl sports the Polar Fleece.


Putting the Polar in Polar Dash!
Today is the worst possible combination.    It is Windy AND cold.   Sure, the sun shines, but not warm enough to stop that biting wind chill.   Cheryl has been concerned about taking a day off ever since the race, but taking a break from running on a really bad day seems like a good idea to me.   Especially since I get so cold on a bike riding next to her.   ( I don't generate the same heat pedaling as she does running.)   It's the perfect time to show off her new Polar Fleece from the Polar Dash.   Might as well brag to everyone how "Hard Core" of a runner you are...  while hiding the fact that you are skipping a day because of the cold.
Neighbor's cat.  Nickname: Oreo.


Our cat.  Nickname:  Hiro. 
I can scratch him without him
scratching me back. Most of the time...
Looks like more "Bum Time" with the cat (s).   Neighbor's cat does not like the cold very much either, but sometimes he shows up in our window.  I 'm guessing he is more acclimated than I am currently.   And besides, I already have an inside cat that I can play with... in the warmth of our living room.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails