Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Color in Muscatine.

A quick post.. (because I have an "involved" post coming up.)   We visited Muscatine today,  and the weather was wonderful!   A rather rare thing in Iowa.   But we were able to run 5 miles and get some cheap $1 pizza  before heading home.   It was a good day. 

Some more color appeared while on the trail.   I'm not sure what this tree is, but I do like the color.   Thankfully the blossoms avoided the cold snap we had over the weekend and are now showing their glory.   My crappy camera does not do it justice when the  sunbeam hit it. 


Small other note.  My Hops plant is coming up and I was able to sample the first tender chutes.  I heard about them on YouTube when I was doing my little "gardener's research."  Turns out,  they taste like a Hoppy Green Bean!   It is an amazing flavor!  I actually think they taste better than normal green beans.  The catch: as with Asparagus,  if you let them grow too long, the chutes become tough and fibrous.  I'm hoping the plant will produce hops this year at least.   And I shall see  if I can catch those tender chutes next year as they pop up.  

The last 2 days have been in the 80's   I hauled out the AC and have it in the Window just in case it climbs back up there later this week.   Storms are supposed to happen tonight and tomorrow.  We shall see if that comes true. Can you believe we has SNOW just last Sunday?   ( Mixed with rain,  did not stick, but still SNOW!) Next day.. 81 degrees.  Horray for that southern breeze. I'll end this now with some pics of the cats.   Hiro enjoys his Sunbeam and Rocket enjoys Cheryl's company.   A rare thing!  ( Cats usually do not cuddle up with Cheryl...) I'll save the Subie Repair post for later, because it will be very involved.   As most Subie Repair confessions... I mean "explanations" usually are. Thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What no mushrooms yet! Cheryl looks all summery!

Val Ewing said...

I think that tree is called a Red Bud tree, I was informed of that when I questioned it the other day on Instagram. My son has one tree!
I found a black morel! And I found pheasant back. Curious and hopefully you can tell me more about that fungi.

Looks like a gorgeous weekend coming up. Run run run Cheryl!
We actually had a bit of rain here. It was delightful, but still is dry.

Photoshop Image Editing Tips said...

incredible! This inspiring image enhances your business. Hope for the best.

Automotive background editing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails