Monday, April 19, 2021

The Cold Has Returned!

 After two wonderful days,  the cold has come back to remind us that Spring still has bits of winter woven in.  It is currently snowing.  Yes, Snow!  Luckily,  it looks like it is melting as soon as it touches the ground, but Larry from Des Moines got what looks to be an inch!  ( Larry's Creative Zone.)  

I managed to have a couple of days where the weather was pleasant enough for Chalk.   I was able to finish the 4th bird yesterday, despite knowing it was going to rain and possibly snow today.  The weather was too nice and I simple had to be out in it.   Besides,  what else was I going to do? 

I'm curious how this round of chalk drawings will fair in the rain.   I took a little artistic freedom and actually used some watered-down Tempura Paint  and applied it directly to the sidewalk.  I'm curious if the rain will be able to wash it away as easily.   Every time I apply water and then chalk over the wet sidewalk,  that color persists far better than the chalk alone.   And since it is a bear to have to brush  into place,  I figured I would skip the chalk and directly apply the tempura paint as a base coat.   At the very least, the colors are more vivid. 

So as I waste time being inside for the day.  I focused on folding a few things.   I took a stab at Eric Joisel's Gnome/dwarf.  The pattern  is actually fairly "simple" but the folding is a pain.  I currently am letting it "rest" on my desk because I'm becoming impatient.  I know better than to continue folding when my neck is stiff and my focus is misdirected. 

Other than that,   Cheryl and I went out for a short run the last couple of days.   We got wet running this morning.   Not soaked, thankfully, but wet enough to feel the onset of Hypothermia.  I'm happy we did not do the entire 7 miles. 

After the Half Marathon,  Cheryl is feeling a little sore.  At least she knows better than to run through the pain and gain an injury.  She has several more races planned in the few weeks and what good is the "pandemic lift" if she is too broke to run them. ( Broke  and Broke$$$!)   As for me,  My hands and face were numb this morning while riding.  If I need extra exercise, I'll crawl around on the sidewalk some more in the afternoon.   I know that does not sound like much, but I feel like I had a full body work-out after three hours of drawing!  ( Or I'm just pathetically weak and out of shape...) 

I think 4 birds is enough for that theme.   Time to move on.   I don't like the way the camera messes with the proportions. From the top view, they look fine, but from the front view, the birds look all squat and puffy.  Perception is everything.  

Hope everyone is staying warm.  Time, now, to behave like the cats.   Happy Monday!  And thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great bunch of birds! Just for fun someday do a Hopscotch thingy...remember them...I drew them at the museum on the sidewalks there:)

Val Ewing said...

I hibernated yesterday. I wasn't up for the cold like you were!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails