Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Mermaids and Trains.

 The last couple of days have been beyond nice.  Bordering on "too Hot!"   Isn't that a typical "human" thing to say?   First... it is too cold.   If only Iowa had warmer weather.  2 days later..  It's 76 and too hot!  We are Terrible Customers to please.

Really, I'm sure it is because the changes happen so suddenly that our bodies do not have the opportunity to acclimate.   I know in the summer, we are able to withstand the HORRIBLE humidity because we are used to it by then.   Still... hot is hot!

But on to happier things!   Cheryl ran in Muscatine the other day and we enjoyed a visit at Tees.   We are planning on going there tomorrow for "Dollar A Slice Pizza Day!"   It's.... Kind of a big deal.  ( We are such a silly people...) 

Cheryl managed to complete her 10 miles... In the newly acquired heat wave... All before a Train blocked us in the park.  The tracks run between the city and the river.. so there is little to do other than wait for it to pass; enjoy the view,  and read the graffiti on the cars.

Maybe if you wrote it legibly....

I have to mention this:  Graffiti "artist" SUCK at penmanship!   My favorite line from Falling Down ( an old movie with Micheal Douglas.)  "Maybe someone would understand it if you actually wrote it in @#$@-ing English!"  A Great Movie, by the way.  Symbolic of the times we live in now.  But I digress. 

As for me,  I spent the last two days chalking up a Mermaid on the shuffleboard  court.   ( No one has played shuffle board there for a very long time...) The sidewalk is nice and smooth.. perfect for fine detail chalk. 

Two days!  Yesterday I laid down the black background and a bunch of kids from the gradeschool came to play in the park.  After an hour,  I figured they were not leaving any time soon, so I decided to pick it up today.  It was getting hot anyway.. And some projects are better if you spend a little extra time on them. 

Stained glass version.

I managed to take some progress pics.   If you think the Mermaid looks like a Stained Glass window.   Well, that is because that was the inspiration piece.   It took longer than I had anticipated, and I feel wrecked!   I can't imagine crawling around and putting in floors for a living.   That is some back breaking works, right there. 

Rain is predicted in the future, but I figured I would do the two items I have had on my mind  before the rains came.   Not to mention that the weather has been pretty good and I felt the need to be outside in it. I may take tomorrow off and fold some paper.   My FoldFest is coming soon and I need to be ready.  And it may be a good idea to give my back and knees a break. Before they break forever!

Hope everyone is having a Grand Week so far.   And thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Mermaid is so pretty! It cooled down here today and it may rain...we need it!

Val Ewing said...

Those are so beautiful! You are quite the artist.

Trains. I used to sit and watch them in the middle of the night while working there. I grew to dislike trains a bit. But still it was fun to watch all the day workers having to wait to get in or out of the plant. Worse when the train just stopped.

Good for Cheryl on that distance in this heat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails