Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Windy and Cold. But Sun!

What to do on a day like the last couple.   There was frost on the Subie this morning.  Frost!  I guess it makes sense since it was in the upper 30's when we ran today.  Cheryl wore shorts but with Long sleeves.  I pretty much froze my ears off.  Apparently, the warmer temps will arrive sometime next week. 

Yesterday,  It was sunny and warm in spots.   I managed to squeak out a quick chalk drawing near the park.   Not the best conditions, given the extreme wind;  However, I managed to finish it.  I think it looks better in the picture than in Person.  Nothing says "Spring!"  like a Robin.  Robins are one of those birds I think are under appreciated. There are moments where the sun hits one just right and I think that it looks like a Cardinal or Tanager! I'm afraid I did not have a chalk color that was bright enough, but I this was as close as I could get. 

Otherwise,  I have been folding flowers for Cheryl.  She has big plans for the Farmer's Market, but it really takes effort for me to want to fold a Bazillion small origami flowers.   Repetitive,  small, and sometimes a little difficult.  Not to mention you have to fold the stem and leaves before it is finished.   I usually run out of patience by that time and mess things up.  But, who knows!   If the incentive is right, I find myself doing things I never thought possible. 


Oh!  I tuned in to the Origami USA 2021 Foldfest.   I got to fold a Geisha with Sipho Mabona. and Fearless flourish. ( A YouTube folder... I don't remember his actual name.)  

Not mine!  But I will post one later.

The Geisha I folded was looking good right up until the shaping.  I should have used a larger piece of paper.   I will try it again when the recordings come out on the 26th of this month.  Sipho Mabona lives in Switzerland and Fearless Flourish lives in Scotland.   I missed the Guys on the other side of the planet because the folders from Japan and Vietnam were folding at 1 -6 A.M.! That was a little too late for me.  But the recordings will be available soon enough.

Other than that..  Cheryl and I continue to survive this crazy world.  I continue to eat Dandelions and Cheryl continues to make books.  If the weather is nicer tomorrow. ( colder but with less wind) I may take a stab at another mural in the park. We shall see.   

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice Robin! Haven't seen our Robin for a few days cause it is snowing:(

Val Ewing said...

That origami doll or fold? Wow!
Yesterday I was browsing Flickr photos regarding toys and came across a beautiful display of characters.
My fingers are not that nimble any more. Just trying to crochet is a huge bumbling sort of thing.

Your Robin is beautiful. Have you seen bluebirds yet?
Have a great week, things are going to warm up again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails