Tuesday, November 15, 2022

And Then The Snow Arrived...

It snowed today.   The first time it has accumulated on the ground.   I left for work earlier than normal, and arrived safe and sound.   

Snow at work start

You see,  I don't drive fast.  

And when conditions call for it, I reduce speed for safety.  It seems like common sense for me, but apparently, there are lots of other folks out there who disagree. 

Snow by end of Work day.

The snow was just sloppy enough to be slippery, but most of the people on the high way seemed to have a grasp of the situation and slowed down as well.  That is actually rather refreshing, coming from Iowa...  Where every first snow, there are several cars in the ditches all along the highways.  

The Subie Snow Stick.

It pretty much snowed all day.   I think we might have received about 2 inches, as indicated by the Subie.   But the temps hovered just above freezing, so much of it melted away.  By the time I got home,  the snow was sleet and even turned to rain.    But Snow is in the forecast tomorrow.  So I imagine I will be repeating this mornings early prep time.   We shall see. 

The drive home.

In the mean time,  I just wanted to post a quick update on the Wisconsin weather.  Snow!  It was bound to happen.   No running today.   No mushroom hunting.  Time to stay inside,  drink warm tea and fold Origami.... 

 Boring?   Not if you are me.  

Thanks for stopping in. And for goodness sake:  Drive safe and stay warm!  The World is still beautiful.. Even in Winter.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The roads were a bit slick here too, especially the gravel roads. Glad that your first snow in K town was not awful.
I hear from a couple of folks just north of Kenosha that they had thunder snow!

Lucky me, I got to go for a hike in the wet snowy stuff!

Drive safely.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was out yesterday and the roads were slick, today I stayed home...out tomorrow for supper with friends unless the wind comes up and blows all the snow around:) Enjoy your snow...you can enjoy mine too:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails