Sunday, November 20, 2022

Origami Sunday

With an abundance of Cold weather, What better way to spend your Sunday than to fold Origami for three straight hours.  ( or was it 4?  I forget..) I have been a little lacking in the folding department, with my target goal of folding three items a day.   Whenever I fold anything more complicated than a simple Crane,  I fall short.  

But.... This is what I have so far. 

Today, I figured that the smaller 12 inch sheets Cheryl cut out for me are not big enough for many of the animal  models.  So... I folded a horse out of a whole sheet. ( Possibly 24 inch square?)   It took a while, but I like how it turned out.   

Have I mentioned newspaper is the worst paper to fold origami  from?  For that reason,  you have to take time to glue many of the folds to keep them in place.    I doubt anyone will bother to care though. 

I also went to Church this morning.   I hitched a ride with Dave; and the roads were far nicer than last night.   There is possibly a joke in there about Pastors never  being late for Church due to weather, because God will part the seas for them... And being a passenger in the Pastor's car is a nice place to be if you don't want to slide off the road.

Other than that, I managed to run 3 miles in the 24 degree temps.  Yes, it was kind of crappy... But I have been trying to enjoy suffering lately.   And nothing causes suffering better than the cold..  And blistering wind.  Unless it is Summer.   Which would be the opposite, I guess. 

Hope everyone had a productive and warm Sunday.   Back at the grind of work tomorrow.  I can't wait! 

Because.... You see... I kind of like my job.   And when "work" ceases to bring misery,   You have to practice being miserable elsewhere.   ( Like running in the cold!)   Thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

I always like seeing your origami creations. Being outside really is torture.

Val Ewing said...

That origami sure takes persistence and talent. I brought the snow goggles out and face mask for this weekend when we were at 4 and the winds were howling.
Good for you in getting your running in!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Running outside...hope you wore clothing unlike that fellow in the photo...he could freeze something off. Have you tried folding dollar bills into something? Your origami is always interesting:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails