Saturday, November 19, 2022

Saturday Catch Up.

A whole lot of nothing today.   I ran some errands and did laundry.   It has been VERY cold and snowy all day today.   I even skipped evening church because the roads were just a tad to slippery for my liking.  ( When you slide up to a stop light...  while going only 35.... That is kind of scary. )  

Ah well,  there is always Sunday Morning Church.  

In the mean time, Remember when I said I thought the cold of winter would end the mushroom hunting?  Yep!  I was WRONG!   Turns out,  a small cluster of large mushrooms popped up under one of Dave's trees near his house.   I picked them and could at least ID them enough to know they where not deadly.  

However,  before I could fully ID them,   Dave chopped up several of the freshest and largest ones and put them in a chili!  

Surprisingly, they were good!  And we are still alive!   So... No tummy ache.   No bitter taste.   And best of all:  No dying!   ( And I think they added to the Chili's flavor as well... )

Now I  am wondering what kind of mushroom it really was.   It tasted pretty good;   Had the texture of a normal, store bought button mushroom; and was generally just a pleasant find.  Kind of cool.  

I have read that Corts and similar mushrooms ( Possibly ring-less Honey Mushrooms...)  are not technically dangerous... just not choice edibles.   and since there are a few that might be toxic,  people don't bother trying to figure out the "safe" but boring ones.  But eventually,  everyone has to make that leap of faith... right?  ( And not only with mushrooms.)  

Other than that,  I have been folding origami and I am currently writing the blog with Christina's pooch on my lap.   Ladybird is a fun dog that loves laps more than playing.   Without Christina, she tends to look scared most of the time,  yet she seems to want to cuddle up with you despite that.  I enjoy her warmth and cuddles most of all.   A nice thing to have on a cold dark and blizzardy day.  

Hope everyone is staying warm this evening.  I'm thinking Winter has arrived now and will be staying for a while.    Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We stayed warm but it sure was wicked cold outside here on the western side of the state yesterday. The cold winds were pretty tough and kept things feeling much colder.

Awww Ladybird looks rather comfy and pleased to be on human laps. Many dogs sure do like to cuddle.
Interesting find on the mushroom and glad it did not make you sick!
I don't expect to find any in the woods as everything here is frozen.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have good company! Yes I think Winter is most likely here to stay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails