Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hello Kitty Sewing, Origami Hippo, Bear, And Tomorrow is the BIG day!

DSC_5704 So much to blog about to little time.   Well,  I guess the first big news is that Cheryl’s New Machine arrived on Monday.  This one is a Red version of the Hello Kitty sewing machine.  It is actually different from the green one we currently have in use.   Last year was a cautionary tale of what could happen if you only have one machine to rely on.  Each of us now have a back up in the event that something disastrous happens in the middle of stocking season.    DSC_5706Cheryl is totally in love! This machine has new stitches and a different layout so it might take a little breaking in time to get familiar with it.  We shall see how it works out.

 

Other than that, I finally have a model of the origami hippo I was willing to list.   I think this one turned out pretty good.  I’m sure with even more practice and perhaps better paper, I could achieve and even better version….but let’s not get too obsessive.  I also folded up an origami brown bear and I have been working on folding Koi….lots and lots of Koi lately….  DSC_5720

 

And as for tomorrow.   Cheryl and I are going to the Iowa State fair!  Cheryl has an DSC_5673itinerary that includes a Barbershop Quartet,  Film about bats in Iowa, And Japanese traditional festival dance.  There is also the butter cow and all the fair foods that kill your heart with grease and sugar.   I’m going to try to bring the camera so I can document the Happenings as they happen.

In the mean time…enjoy the pics and I hope  everyone is having a wonderful summer so far.   Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails