Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Iowa State Fair

DSC_5785 Or is it Fare?   I guess i would call it fair for the fare, as we fared fairly well.   What is there to say about a state fair?   It was big.   Lots of people even though the weather was drizzly.  DSC_5786 It was nice and cool and if you prepared for rain, you were fine.  Most of all I guess there was lots of food.   Not good food either.   It was the kind of food that kills you with heart disease and diabetes.  Deep fried BUTTER?   Com’on! 

 

 

 

DSC_5776

There were antiques,   Tractors, Flowers and vegetables. DSC_5778 DSC_5806 DSC_5816 DSC_5821

 

DSC_5839Lots of animals, even though I really did not know what it was that made one a blue ribbon and the one next to it  a runner up.   They all looked the same. DSC_5840  DSC_5845

 

DSC_5858 DSC_5860 There were rides.   Cheryl and I only rode the sky ride before the camera battery conked out.  Leaving me with only one self portrait.   Ah well.   I was going to pose with John Wayne too.   Maybe next time. 

 

DSC_5782 DSC_5828 DSC_5834

DSC_5830 DSC_5832 At the very least, we saw the butter cow and some chainsaw carving.   Cheryl has had her mind on that butter cow ever since we moved to Iowa.  Her destiny has been realized! 

 

 

DSC_5822 DSC_5823 DSC_5827 DSC_5836  DSC_5837 All in all I guess it was very similar to the Allegan State Fair in Michigan.   The rides and games were the same as with the farmers showing off their stuff.  I’m happy I went and, for the most part, it was fun.  But I probably will not have to see it again.    The thing goes on for 10 days,   so there is still time to catch those rides and eat pulled pork and corndogs.  DSC_5863 And deep fried butter…..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails