Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Computer! My "After Christmas" Christmas Present.

I finally received my Christmas Present.   Actually, I got the "note" on Christmas Eve telling me about it.  But it finally arrived in the mail last Friday.  I have spent the better part of the weekend "figuring it out", and setting up my own personal touches. 


Currently,  I'm blogging from the new console with the help of the cat.   Sure,  the old computer still works...  But it was showing its use with quirky things that really annoy me.   For instance:  It randomly disconnects from the internet in he middle of my blog posting!   And then I have to restart it to get the connection back. ( sometimes losing all my writing!)

Also,  it did not have BlueTooth.   So I had to use the headphones that plugged into the computer.   Not much of a problem,  however,  the plug-in lost a screw!  Causing the headphones to fall out often....  Kinda annoying!   The new one has a nice, tight inlet for the plug in headphones... AND BlueTooth.   So I can use the wireless ones again.  I'm very happy about that.

Other small things,  but the old one was a good computer for the most part.  And I plan on keeping it around for travel purposes.   Besides,   this new computer is HUGE and does not currently fit in my new computer carrying case.  (17 inch instead of 15..)   Cheryl wanted to show me love by buying the largest laptop possible.   Ah,   She must love me a LOT!



Being the first time I am actually using the keyboard,  I see that this computer will also require a bit of getting used to.   Touching he keys in the usual way seems to have various effects that are not as consistent as the old one.   Hopefully,  it will grow on my and I will be able to write my next awesome novel with it....   We shall see.

Other than that,  seems that the weather has turned a touch and actually warmed up into the mid 30's   It will be short lived as the temps are supposed to dip back down  by the end of the week.  Cheryl has been running in the cold stuff, but really enjoyed running today,   despite the threat of freezing rain  ( currently, not raining)  She hopes to squeeze in a long run before the temps turn back to arctic.  Wish us Luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails