Thursday, January 18, 2018

Under The Weather...

What Cheryl Should be doing today...
An Ironic turn of events, since the weather has actually warmed up just slightly above freezing.   ( 33 degrees currently) withe the sun shining and the wind calm...  it would have been a great day for a training run/bike ride.
What Cheryl is doing currently...

But Cheryl has something...   Cold.  Flu.   Something.   She aches.  She coughs.   She complains.  Aside from the coughing  she is otherwise normal.  Her knees have been acting up again,  but probably because she has been cramming in as many longer runs as she can when the weather breaks.  (And even if it doesn't)    The running in the cold possibly is the reason for her cough.  And Cheryl complains about most things everyday.   The only thing that changes about that is the topic.   So yeah!  No running today.
Cute...but covered in germs.  

Cheryl's Idea of kids....
Which is fine.   I would rather she rests up a touch and gets rid of this bug.   I told her she should not hang out with all those kids in Target....  Kids are Germ Machines!  (I'm kidding.  Cheryl hates kids.)   (I'm kidding again...  Cheryl Extremely dislikes children without wishing them any actual physical harm....  and she avoids their presence.  so they probably did not give this bug to her.)
Can I shampoo with this?

McDonald's tries.
So it is my job to somehow make Cheryl happy.   I wish they actually boxed up "Happiness".   I would open it up and pour it on her. Wouldn't that be awesome!   You could reach in and grab a bunch of "Happy" and rub it all over your face until the blues went away...  Sometimes,  on really bad days,  you may have to have two servings!

Panera food... As I see it. 
Well even though McDonald's comes close,  Cheryl wanted to go to Panera.   Panera.   The  place that tries to convince you that what you are paying a fortune for is somehow worth it. They use so many adjectives in their labels that it took me five minutes to order her sandwich and salad.

I wonder what is in it...
 After naming all the adjectives correctly,  the lady at the window asked me if I was the one who ordered "Greek sandwich with salad?"


How do they make this?
I, of course, said ."No!   I ordered the 'You-Pick-Two Mediterranean Veggie on thin sliced Tomato Basil and a Modern Greek quinoa salad with sliced almonds, cranberries, and Greek Dressing.'" The lady looked at me like I had just spoken a foreign language.  I think I may have! 

 It was similar to asking for a "Venti" coffee at Starbucks.   I used to say 'large.'  But the employee would look at me and say:  "We only have Venti or Tall."   What sizes are THOSE?     So now that they have conditioned me to speak their language... they revert back to caveman grunts and look at me with disdain when I don't understand.


So that is one of the reasons I no longer like going to Panera.   We Used to go there... back when ordering a bagel was all we could afford.  But now,   I look at Panera as an expensive place that tries its best to make me feel dumb.  And the same can be said about  Starbucks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails