Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Battle With Plumbing.

Have I mentioned that today is supposed to be a "day off"?   I think so... in the previous blog posting.   You can almost bet money that something bad will happen on your day of rest and recovery.   ( Or at least slightly annoying and time consuming.)    Today, it was the Bathroom. 

Running in the cool Morning. 
I say "bathroom" as a general thing because it was more than one item.  he day started out fine,  Cheryl ran her 7 miles and we did a little shopping, battling the "Saturday, pre- Easter mob shopping spree."   Everything is closed on Easter,   so people have to get their stuff today.   ( I almost forgot it was Easter! Tells you how aware I am about Holidays.)  But we survived it, and got lunch and other goodies for next week.
My only task today....

We came home and Cheryl has been cleaning  everything like a Martha Stewart Episode.  I thought I would chip in by cleaning the bathroom.  (I handle the "dirty jobs")   The Bathtub has been getting rather dingy lately and I find that I can spend a little time on it and make it look white again.   I hose it down with cleaner and let it eat away the soap scum.

My way of cleaning...  Mostly. 
Now mostly I'm no into harsh Chemicals... Not because I care about the fish or the planet;  but mostly because I do not like the "extras" that harsh chemicals bring.   ( Watery eyes,  burning nose....missing fingers.)  I spray a little,  let it do the job, and then apply a hefty amount of elbow grease.   It works for me.
However,  I'm not afraid of using a better weapon!

The problem began when the bathtub drain would not ... drain!    Slow drains are even more annoying than a clogged one.   At least with a clog,  you can plunge the crap out of it and get it to free up.  But slow drains seem to allow just enough water through to prevent a pressure build.    I tried everything!   Coat hangers,  cat toys,   and every plunger we had in the house.   Nothing!
Bring out the DRAINO!  

Time for the Nuclear Option!   Draino!    As mentioned before,   harsh chemicals are not my Forte'.   But sometimes you have to bring out the big guns!   I know Draino will probably eat through the clog along with the pipes!   But Something had to be done.


Yes!  You are!    Better to go with a gray or
"off" color. 
The good news:   It worked!   The bad news:  In my efforts to make the bathtub pretty AND useful once again,  I got dirt on the bathmat.   ( A PURE WHITE bathmat)   Mental note,   NEVER use PURE WHITE linens in your bathroom.  It is impossible to keep them looking PURE WHITE.   Especially if you are doing a dirty job... or are generally dirty!  Like I am most of the time.  ( What can I say?  I like dirt apparently.)    Cheryl was not happy.     She had just washed the things last night and now it looked like I had used the bathmat to clean the windows after a dust storm.  My argument was that sometimes you have to break some eggs to make an Omelette.    Her argument was that I should have moved the bathmat before working.
Because this only exists in the Movies,
Resorts, or Martha Stewart's Magazine.

I can see her point.  If I were a General,  I imagine I would not worry too much over a few civilian casualties if I managed to free an entire country from Tyranny.  ( Probably a good thing I am  not a General!) 
Sometimes,  things get dirty when you need a job done. 








At least we can take a bath/shower that drains properly.  And isn't that More important in the overall scheme of things?
Origami Big Cat. 
Other than that,   the Shower spray head was leaking and needs to be preplaced.  It never really worked very well to begin with, but today I found that, like the slow drain,   I was tired of living with it and putting up with the nonsense.   Currently it works,  but a new one should be on the works before long.  It sprays all over from every connection.  I doubt new rubber gaskets will work  much.  I think the entire aparatus needs replacing.  Fingers crossed.



Other than that,  Some Origami.   I had big plans for this weekend, but things got  weird as they typically do.   We still have to color Easter eggs.   Because.... Easter!    And what kid does not want to color Easter eggs for Easter?
Fun with Easter Eggs!

 Plus!  Paas has a new color scheme we are totally looking forward to.   Looks like it will be on tomorrow's post, because as the day light is slipping away,  there is a good chance we will not be getting to that fun today.    Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails