Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Trials And Tribulations Of Egg Coloring.

Easter Eggs... Paas Style.
With a lot of "Grump" from Cheryl 
Happy Easter everyone!   I wish we were having a "Happy" Easter.   But nothing will bring down your day faster than coloring Easter eggs.  Oh!  Sure!   They Say it is supposed to be fun... And it has been in the past.    But this year, things did not work out as planned.   I blame most of it on Cheryl.

Lots of "Grump"  
She says that her grubby attitude is because of a cold she may be coming down with.   But that should not be an excuse to stop trying to make my special experience the absolute best!   After all,  My happiness is the most important and should come first!  Feeling a little under the weather should not ruin MY day.

4 colors. 
But also I blame Paas Easter Egg Coloring Kit.   They are a staple of the Easter Egg Coloring Tradition.    So why they would mess up the tried and true method of coloring with a new concept is beyond me.    They seduce you with this Awesome shimmery picture of the new color... and then expect you to "follow their Directions"   to the letter... or something.    Cheryl's impatience and so called "illness" only adds to the fire; and not in a good way.
Why is she grumpy?   Shiny fingers!


I had the gloves, but someone couldn't
wait. 
So now we have golden painted fingers,  shimmery, globby eggs,  and a sticky egg tray.   I had vinyl gloves available for the painting, but Cheryl just couldn't wait.    And Paas did not give you enough shimmery stuff.   So,   we spread things out like a table spoon of peanut butter for a weeks worth of sandwiches.
Shiny next to un-shiny 


Almost looks like the box. 
But they do not look that terrible.   You could actually see the difference between the "un-shimmered" ones and the metallic ones.   And besides, I doubt they will last long enough to even make a difference.   As I' writing this,  I have already eaten over half of them.   Because....  Easter is the one time a year I allow myself to eat an entire dozen hard boiled eggs and not feel guilty.   I just hope my heart and cholesterol levels can keep up with my ideology
How do you get that darn shell off?

Grandpa's Method.   It works!  
Speaking of eating hard boiled eggs.   Nothing spells fun and frustration better than pealing and eating them!   If done right... ( which never happens!)   You can get the smooth hard-boiled egg free from the shell still looking like an... egg.   But in my world,  things rarely if ever go right.    The membrane sticks to the shell and pulls of bits and chunks of egg.  I finally tried Grandpa Allen's method of splitting it in half and digging it out with a spoon.   ( I always thought that looked weird,  and that he would get egg shell in his toast.)   He used to use it for his soft boiled eggs, but I can testify that the method works well for hard boiled as well.  Hooray for Elders!   Even if the lesson takes 44 years to manifest.
Find the "Easter Egg" in this picture. 

Well,  other than that,  the weather is about as perfect as I think Iowa can produce!   Sunny,  warm,  light breeze,  and just overall pleasant!   Enjoy it while it lasts.   We even did a bit of Mushroom hunting today.   Similar to hunting for Easter eggs and about as successful.  ( We found NOTHING!)  Good thing we colored our own and I "hid" them on the kitchen table in front of me.    If only the Morels could be so obvious here in Iowa.

Last week of the Pearson Project begins tomorrow, and I can ell you both Cheryl and myself are looking forward to having the free time back.  ( and by free,  I unfortunately mean:  "unpaid!")  But free time does have its own value.   Both of us feel we could use a little more than what is currently available.   Happy Easter everyone!   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails