Saturday, April 27, 2019

A Busy Week, A Strange Cat, A Rainy Run, And Thanks For The Cold!

Time to Chill. 
Time to Run!  
So much has happened this week that I can't believe we are not the most exciting people on the planet!   (It's My world,  So I can say that with a straight face!)  I guess the reason I have not blogged about it until now is because Cheryl forces us to exercise after work.    Always with the "Healthy Lifestyle", that one...  But  the weather has been mostly nice for cyclists like myself.  And Cheryl has been able to dress for the occasion... so it mostly works out.  (Hey!  That's a pun!   Get it?)

Enjoy that warm day,   It won't last. 

There was that day with the rain... Thursday, I think.  Cheryl was about to call it off when someone mentioned that it would be "too Tough"  to run after work... in the rain and strong wind.   This only adds to her fire and we ended up running the full 7 miles!   This AFTER an 8 hour day and with an annoying head cold.  Talk about hardcore! 

Gore Tex only repels rain for so long. 
New Element.
There might have been a time when I would have also set out to prove someone wrong,  but those days seem so long ago now.  I DID ride the bike along side her...and get very wet in the process.   What a great case study in misery.


Two screws and we are back!



Fully installed. 
The heating Element for the Stove arrived on Tuesday!   I put it in and we were, once again, able to use the oven.    Cheryl immediately baked a bunch of cookies for everyone at work.   It's funny how much we missed the oven.   You would think we rarely use it, but we had plans last weekend for home made pizza.  Cheryl also uses it for baking her clay AND whenever she gets the bug to bake treats for coworkers. 

It works! 
Break out the Cookies! 
 Mostly because she loves to bake,  eat the dough, and NOT eat the cookies.  Either I end up eating them all ( You can probably imagine my waist line growing from the process) OR they get tossed for the squirrels.  Our squirrels are possibly the most spoiled rats in town!

A little cross-eyed,  But still cute. 




The local cat who has adopted us occasionally comes around for a little food and some play time.  Being spring, I imagine he is out looking for the ladies, but even so,  a cat still needs to eat.  I can see he has gotten himself into a few scrapes with other animals ( probably cats..)  but seems mostly healthy.  I'm sure if he ever decided he wanted to give up the "wild and Untamed" life,   he would make a stunning recovery in his ratty appearance.   But I doubt there is anything that can be done about those crossed eyes.
This cat loves Subie. 

A little Kibble for the Kitty. 
And finally,  Today.   It is raining.. and very windy.   Cheryl forced us to go out in the rain AGAIN!    So off to Trueblood Trail where they were running...Not one but TWO 5K races!  ( At least one was a 5k that we knew of.)  The "Girls On The Run"  5K was running from the rail to the Big Grove Brewery and the "other one" ( Not sure what the name of that one was)   was running around the lake and the dog park.   So basically...  Our entire route was compromised.    Normally,  when it is cold, windy and rainy.. we have the entire trail to ourselves.   Today,  there were dozens of runners and spectators to dodge.   People were offering us water and cheering us on even though we did not have a bib and I was on a bike!   It was weird.

Add in that Cheryl had "underdressed" for the conditions and was frozen by mile three.  We decided to cut the run short today. (3.5 miles)  and try to get warm and dry.   Besides,   I think the wind and rain were picking up as things progressed.   And no one wants to feel like a "faker" in a race they did not register for. 

Running in the rain.
They had predicted snow for later today.  SNOW!   Feeling the temps right now and seeing the rain hit the window, I can almost believe it is possible.   This is Iowa, after all.  But maybe it will just rain and soften up the garden for my tomato plants.  Also,  if there are any Mushrooms in  this state,  I'm hoping that the moisture will trigger them into showing themselves.  ( Elusive Morels!)
Cold and Rainy.

And Before I go,  I should note that Cheryl finally gave me her cold.   I had such big plans today, and now I have a sore throat and feel tired.   I have a plan, though!    Bundle up and Burn out the Virus!   As I write this,  I have several layers of clothes on and a wool blanket.   I may have to keep the pressure on and heat up some hot cocoa.   I want to get rid of this as soon as possible, unlike Cheryl who runs in the rain to keep it going...   She simply loves to suffer for some reason. 
Hangin' with the Hiro....

Hope everyone is warm and healthy.   And if it is raining in your area,  Stay dry!   Nothing helps a cold more than a chill.... Or so they say.  I'm not sure I fully believe that.  But I do know rest,  heat, and a little chicken soup will make you feel a lost better a lot faster.    Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Ethan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails