Saturday, April 13, 2019

When Origami Hurts!

Origami Hand Damage!
Folding paper,  Seems easy. 
I pulled a muscle today, folding Origami.   How pathetic is that!  Just how weak and out of shape do you have to be to pull a muscle folding paper?    Then again,  It could mean that you are "really into folding" something difficult.   In that case,  I should be proud... or something. 
Then the  layers get thicker.

And thicker!
 In either case,  My hands are not functioning the way they should be.   I guess I could blame old age... arthritis and stuff like that.  Perhaps I have hit that moment everyone has:  When they are physically incapable to doing their career anymore.  And Origami is just a hobby!   Is it time to retire my hobby?



Requiring TOOLS to fold! 


To be fair,  the paper was rather thick and tough.   And the model called for several layers of the thick, tough paper to be folded at once.     MythBusters used a forklift and a steam roller to fold a single sheet of paper 8 times and they could barely do it.  ( 2 to the 8th power!  Or 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2!) or 256 layers!)   I think I only had to fold 6 layers.  And that cramped up my thumb and hand with a sharp pain.   I had to take a few minutes to stretch things out before moving on.


And this is not even that thick!

Eventually,  I had to pull out the "heavy equipment"  to make the final folds.   Thank goodness for plyers!    The Models are now drying on the table.  I could have probably not folded them dry.  ( dry is tough, but does not tear as easily.) But in the end, it all worked out.
Is this worth the hand cramp? 

The Pearson Project... Oh!   Did I not mention that?  Yes, Yes,   We are currently working at Pearson, once again.   And the time drags by!  And the energy drains away!   And the weekend seems to be over before it even begins.   This is not a critique of Pearson... This is a critique about working in general!   ( Yes!  We are that lazy!)   But we need the money, and it is good to see old aquaintances.   But I have not had much time to blog... or much to blog about!   The Job seems to take up all of our time.
Running 15 miles. 
And we finished before the
5K  Finished. 


But Cheryl DID manage to fit in a 15 mile run today.   The weather has not exactly been stellar either.  Wind..  More wind!   And even More Wind mixed with rain and Mud!   Yes Mud!   From Texas I hear.   Subie looks like we went 4x4-ing in a swamp!   I guess the wind blew up Texas dust into the clouds,  filling the rain with dirt... that dumped on us here in Iowa.   Isn't Nature Fun!
AND in IOWA!



But I'm happy the 15 miler is over.   Tomorrow will be a 7 mile run and then we are back to scoring papers.  Cheryl may be running after work, like she  kind of did this last week.  Or she may have to move to mornings.   At least there are no snow drifts or icy patches to worry about.  We shall see.

White Pelicans.
Barn Swallows are back!
I should also note that Spring is beginning to appear... little by little.   The Pelicans are back.  Along with the Swallows,   Blue Birds, and a few Flowers.   We even saw several butterflies today!    If only that 55-65 degree weather would stay  long enough for us to enjoy during the weekend... Without the Mud rain and Wind...  Wouldn't that be grand!

Trillium... I think. 
You might expect the mushrooms to be popping up about now.   ( Morels, that is) But we have not found any, nor have we had any time to search for them. (We don't know where to look.)   There is so little time on the weekends to do much of anything except catch your breath,  sleep in, and finish all those errands you have been putting off.  How does the rest of the population do it?  Well,   I'm sure they at least have enough money for their troubles.   And if money can't buy happiness,  I'm sure it can buy you something really, really nice.   But that was never the case for me or Cheryl...



Some Orgami Cats.
And a squirrel...
Hope everyone is having a fun weekend.   Or at least is not working on these two precious days.  There is so much more to life than work!  But...bills have to be paid...yadda yadda yadda.   And the project only lasts another couple of weeks, so we will soon find ourselves with more time than we care to spend.  But there is so much to do that is not work, I'm sure will will find ways to spend it.   Thanks for stopping in.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Better take it easy folding! Your foldings are works of art! We escaped the dirt from Texas and got fairly white snow. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails