Friday, April 19, 2019

A Moment Of Freedom.

Is the oven ...Glowing?
The work week is done and we are resting at home.   How the time evades us.   I finally got the Internet back for my phone, meaning I am once again able to watch videos, blog, download games, and look up useless information on the Internet.   I can also learn more German on Duolingo.    But who has the energy to waste on things like that?


So tonight the Oven heating element has died.   Burned right in two while we were preparing to bake a Pizza.    So...  No pizza for us.  ( hungry... and now grumpy!)   And I now have to figure out how to repair an oven.  Thank goodness for YouTube.  It is most helpful when I do not get distracted watching Subaru and Russian Car Crash videos.   ( I broke my addiction to cat videos long ago... unless I see a new one...)

Cheryl wants to order one on line.. but I know how that goes:   The oven is 150 years old with no identifying features.   They no longer make the part... so you have to go with a knock off  Made-in-China brand.    It will arrive next Thursday.... And will most likely not fit on the first try.   $15-20 bucks down the drain!

But perhaps Walmart or Menhards has one that will work.  I should possibly take it apart and see if I can match it up at least visually.   We shall see.

I kicked the habit... Nice try.

Wait!  Russia AND cats?  I'll watch it! 
With the weekend officially here,   there is so much to hope to do and so little time to do it.   Our Pearson project will only last another week... maybe.   It could go longer and they may put us on another one. Everyone loves money!  Right?   But that means there will be less time to fix an oven,  fold some paper, make some paper,  fix a Subaru, pet a cat,  Eat a pizza, and maybe do something Cheryl wants to do .   ( Probably run...  she is always running for some reason.)    Currently the Dryer still acts up with its squealing and general fuss.   And all I want to do is take a nap...  How does the rest of the Country do it?   Time is the only thing you can't buy with money,  but we seem to sell it for dirt cheap. 

But alas,  I should be enjoying this moment of freedom.   Perhaps a Beer and a brief tussle with the cat will allow me to forget the busy day I have ahead of me on my day off.    We shall see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails