Wednesday, July 29, 2020

"Finished" Origami Dragon Video. Rough Cut!

Time to put the Actors away...
 So I finally finished my last scene a few days ago and finally have assembled all of the snip-its together.   It is a little long.   There are gaps in the story line that seem much more obvious to me ...now.   But I feel I have spent enough time on this ONE video... And it is time to move on.

"This is kind of boring..."  Ah
the honestly of children.
The first person to watch it was the neighbor's 5 year old kid.   He said it was boring. 

Brad will be disappointed not to
see me there this year....
Good thing I was not planning on taking this film to the Film Festival this year.    But hey!  At least he is honest, though not very helpful.   And I have to remind myself that I was 5 years old once... And I can't even remember half the stuff I said or did.

At least when I showed it to Cheryl,  she was a little more "helpful".  She did confirm that it was, in fact, "boring"...  But in the nicest way possible.   She pointed out that it should have sound,  have a few scenes cut,  or at the very least....shortened.   And there are areas that could use a little more "explanation"  Either with additional scenes or a voice over.     Hmmm  A voice over....  I'll have to think about that one
He's got a good voice....

Imagine a Heroic Narrator voice.   Like Morgan Freeman.

(Ehemmmm , ) ".....Here is where the Red Dragon starts setting the Blue Dragon's forest on fire.   This makes the Blue Dragon very  angry... and now he flies into the sky and roars... very loudly.   Oh!  Look!  The Red Dragon is surprised!   Look out!   Here comes a lightning bolt!...."

Red Dragon lost a leg in the
filming....battle.
I wonder how much he charges.   I was thinking of giving the dragons names as well, but now I'm just happy to be done with it. 

I learned a lot!   One:  Origami Paper can only take you so far in stop motion.  ( The leg fell off of the Red Dragon.....)
Two.   Open shot is pretty simple to use, and once you get the hang of things,   you can have some fun and get decent results.  Three:   Open shot has its  limitations.  and  I doubt any program can cover up for bad stop motion filming.  In other words, there is so much more to learn.  (Lighting, camera focus, green screen,  yadda yadda yadda!  )

But other than that....  Enjoy the disastrous boring film of two dragons.   No sound...  so fill in the gaps with your favorite elevator music or Morgan Freeman's voice.    Which ever one makes it more tolerable.   Enjoy!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the one fight it made me laugh as they tumbled all over...you have come a long long way with your filming...when you get famous remember all us little people who liked you before you hit the big time:) Three minutes isn't so long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails