Friday, May 14, 2021

Greetings from Nordic Wisconsin.

As the title suggests:  We have arrived in Wisconsin!   Home of the Kenosha Riots, Mask mandates, Voter Fraud allegations, and general, quirky mayhem that welcomes tourist from all over the country!  We couldn't wait to sign up and see it all for ourselves!

Here Thar Be VIKINGS!

 But hold on....  The riots have long subsided and we are not even IN Kenosha.  We are currently in Madison!  Waiting for the Syttendemai  Marathon to kick off.    Without all those fireworks and Molotov cocktails the BLM folks throw.  Apparently,   the decedents from Norway.   ( Think VIKINGS!)  got all that looting, razing and pillaging out of THEIR system 600 years ago.   SO..... 600 years from now.. ( or so..)  The Peaceful Protesters will reign in their fiery but mostly peaceful riots and instead have a backyard Bar-B-Que with funny hats and lederhosen.  (Maybe.) 

Ok,  that sounds like a bit of a rant.   I'm in a bit of a foul mood after another Karen incident at one of our local stores we used to enjoy patronizing.  I was wearing the mask!   ( Yes,  Wisconsin appears to still hold the Mask Mandate  up there with the Tablets of Stone Moses brought down....)  
Instead,  I did not "Suit up" with the 1 micron plastic gloves they had provided by the Asian Noodles.  When I grabbed one,  the glove literally ripped apart in my hand.   Sending me into a tail spin on how utterly Foolish going through these motions are towards public safety.   And also...  The CDC has lightened up on their mask protocols.  But I digress.....  This is not supposed to be a rant ( although, so far... It is turning out that way. )  Apologies. 

This is supposed to be about Cheryl running the Syttendemai run to Stoughthon.   She is running the 10 miler this time.   Lots of reasons...  Pandemic being one of them.  Have I mentioned we have not been in Wisconsin in over a year?   And that we were one of the first receivers of the Nature's Covid vaccine back in January of 2020?   Have I mentioned that I'm getting Pandemic Fatigue?   Am I ranting again?    Sorry...

The packet pick up was fun.   At a Brewery!   Which I think is a nice touch for any race that involves Running, Vikings,  And  Lederhosen. It was a nice day, but they insisted we cram everyone in line into the small space to pick up their packets.   Oh!  Don't worry about the Social Distancing...  They were all wearing a mask!  That the CDC has just lightened up on.... Have I mentioned that I prefer the Social Distancing to masks?   Is this another rant beginning.   Sorry.... Think happy thoughts... Think Happy thoughts...

Cheryl was prepared, as always.  And we were able to get out of the Petri dish  quickly enough.  I'm not sure how the decedents of Vikings will react to the Masks and Pandemic rules.   We shall find out tomorrow when we head to the race.  Being only 10 miles, I doubt I will be able to get Cheryl at many stops this year.   And she is bound to take a whole lot of time off her previous record. ( she IS running half the distance, after all. ) I'm sure we will make up for the difference with Sardine Sampling and Baked Rommegrot. ( It's a Norwegian Favorite!) And hopefully I will have slept off the irritability that long-distance Travel and Social Faux Pas cause.   This was supposed to be a short and quick blog post.   But when I get grumpy,  things get a little bumpy.  (Hey!  That rhymes! )  Think Happy thoughts!  

1 comment:

L. D. said...

Remind me not to cross your path. It is a lot of whatever that should never be. I am glad we are mask free here now, especially when we have our shots. I went to Ace Hardware and all of he clerks were not wearing masks. It was revolutionary. I stuck mine in my shirt pocket in case I was going to yelled at to put on a mask.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails