Thursday, May 27, 2021

Kitchen Time with Cheryl! Earth Time with the Cats.

Having no Instagram account, I have to post my food pics on the blog.  I don't know... these are the times we live in, I guess.   But Cheryl wanted some of the fresh mushrooms on Pizza.   She whipped me up some Pizza dough and I grabbed whatever we had in the fridge (Which was not much, as far as pizza toppings goes...) to make a pizza.  This explains the "hot dog" chopped up on top.  Hey!  When you make your own pizza,  you make your own rules.  

It was awesome, as usual.  Every pizza we make is different, with toppings varying wildly.  We used sauce that we made from last year's tomatoes,  we used the Dried tomatoes from last year as well.  If we could grow our own Garlic, we would have said we had foraged or grew all of the toppings.  ( ok, not the cheese.  Or the Hotdog.) 

Cheryl has been cutting brownies and all morning/afternoon.  ( technically, it is almost noon as I write this.) We have the car packed and are ready to rumble... as soon as the rain stops.  

Yes , rain!   It was thunder and lightning this morning.   Rain is supposed to start up again later in the evening, but fingers crossed it will hold off until after the show.   Cheryl has been working on a bunch of new recipes and I cant wait to see how the Washington crown responds to them.   The lemon bar is to die for! 

Yesterday was a wonderful sunny day.  Just a touch cool in the shade.  The cats and I had a good time rolling around in the overgrown grass. ( Well,  overgrown by Wellman Standards!) Leo spent most of the day with us, which is uncommon.  He usually gets up in the morning and disappears until about 6-7 P.M. But lately, there have been several timew when he hangs out all day with us.  Usually inside if it is raining or too hot.  Everyone enjoys the visit.  Even Hiro.  

If you think Leo looks like a Teddy Bear,  he certainly plays the part.   Especially when we pick him up to cuddle him.  He is certainly a Cuddle Bug.  

4 hours to kill before the big show.  I'm looking forward to another burger.  Cheryl is looking forward to unloading all of her baked goods.   Being only the second farmer's market,  we still are trying to feel things out and gauge the response.   We always knew rain and heat would play a roll.   Time to find out just how much.   Wish us luck!

Apparently, Blogger is not letting me publish photos at the moment.  I'll have to try later.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Blogger is being mean. I could pick emoji's to publish though. I couldn't find the 'bird' finger to publish today. I'll check back tomorrow on the picture thingy.

Hope you did not get rained out. It is supposed to be cold and miserable Thursday and Friday with frosty areas for us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails