Sunday, May 30, 2021

Such a Beautiful Day.

 There is a chance of rain every day this coming week, but today was so nice, I had to do a Chalk drawing in the park.  I used to like weekends because there was little chance of Kids bugging me as I worked.  But now that the kids are out of school,  I can begin working on the weekdays as well without worrying about them coming home at 3 P.M. 

Now, all I have to worry about in the rain... and later, the Sun.  But for today,  the weather was pleasant... even sunny.  But not too hot.  Even the wind was gentle.   I know there is a risk that the rain will wash it all away within the next couple of days, so I decided to choose a design I didn't mind losing to the elements.  

Everyone loves Elephants, Right?  Not very flashy.   Just brown and gray and BIG.   I had forgotten how challenging these things can be with very few reference points.  I have done this design dozens of times back in the carving days.  It was kind of like learning to re-ride a bike again. 

Hope everyone is having a happy "sad" weekend this weekend. .   I feel like I can act indignant because I'm a veteran.  I would like to think that all those soldiers would want every American to be grilling out and eating hamburgers and hotdogs  this weekend.  Hmm, that does come off as a little callous.  Perhaps I should soften up the tone with a joke, since I do not like feeling all sad and serious at funerals or Memorial days.  But mostly I hate feeling awkward around people who say they are sad when they really shouldn't be.  And before I end up down this rabbit hole, I should sign off with this:  Be grateful!   But you don't have to tell or show anyone.  Veterans will know when you post a flag on your porch on the days NOT set aside for remembrance.  Being an American is a full time gig. 

Sorry about that....  I'm not lecturing.  ( Didn't mean to.)  Just time with friends and Family should be thankful enough.  Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Married to a veteran and we generally do nothing on any of the memorial days. He counts himself as a lucky/not so lucky one.
The elephant is beautiful.

L. D. said...

My wife liked painting elephants. They seem to be sold on the net as soon as she posted them. She has not done an elephant for quite a while. She is working on a pastel lion right now. Your elephant is wonderful.

Jon said...

I will be doing an anti-rain dance, in the hope that your beautiful artwork won't wash away.
You're right - - being an American (patriot) is a full-time gig.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh your elephant is wonderful!
Yes we celebrate soldiers everyday around here! Thank you for your Service!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails