Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Bike Ride In Pella

 After the visit with Cheryl's Fam, Cheryl mentioned we should visit those cool trails we discovered...This time with our BIKES!   So, today,  We packed up the Bikes and headed to the Dutch Trail that skirts the reservoir. 

I'm not sure what we expected out of it, other than an exploritory mission.   We ended up biking 20 miles!  ( 10 miles out and back)   It was 80 degrees, sunny and humid.   What were we thinking?!?!

I guess we wanted our money's worth after traveling that distance.   I can't imagine driving for an hour and a half only to bike three miles or so.  And we can always use the exercise, so over all, it was a good thing. 

Along the way, there were plenty of sights to behold.   Plenty of Mushroom and Flowers.  More than I can show here.   But basically the usual suspects for this time of year. ( Oysters, Boletes, Large Fawn Mushrooms! and More!) 

There were also a bunch of colorful animals...  Birds and insects to marvel over.   Butterflies and Dogbane Beetles, along with Baltimore orioles and Blue herons.  Quite the nature lovers fantasy.

Cheryl started to get a little hungry, so after a few Mulberries, we headed back and headed to Pella for some water and food.  It was a pleasant outing by and large.   Too bad it is just a little further than our comfort zone.   But Cheryl says that if she begins training for a Marathon later, we can come back out here and run a few of the long raining runs.   I'm looking forward to it. 

Had I been more prepared, I may have harvested a few of those Mushrooms for later.  But the Dehydrator just finished drying the Boletes from Yesterday.   And I was not considering riding my bike 20 miles with a bag of fragile Mushrooms slung around my back.   The Main Take away is that the Mushrooms appear to be out now and we just have to head to the Coralville woods.   A closer hunting place.

After yesterday, I'll try to keep this post shorter. After all,  a bunch of pictures is not very exciting.  the Volksweg Trail was fun though.  And I would highly recommend a visit if you are ever in the area.  Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I think that green bug is one of those horrid beetles that loves to eat my flowers! I wage war on those things each summer since they invaded our area.
Love the bike trail!
In fact I am headed out to bike in just a bit.
I haven't found any great 'shrooms though even though I think I should be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails