Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Nice Days, Art In The Park and Downtown.

 Well,  Cheryl and I did not run on Memorial day.   Subie had an "episode" with lights intermittently blinking when we climbed in at 4 AM in the morning.   Cheryl did not want to push our luck with another possible break down, so we bowed out of the run and I spent the day tracking down the problem.  

It was "simple" (so far) in that the connector on the alternator had "shorted out" and was triggering the battery to not charge.  I swapped out a part with the old alternator and things are working again.   I did get to try out the emergency battery charger.  It worked!  So now I'm slightly more confident with our self recovery efforts for the future. 

Other than that, I have spent  the last couple days playing with chalk in the park.   Yesterday,  the park was busy with the grade school finals party.   Kids were running all around and making noise, so I decided to head downtown.  There is a lovely large piece of concrete near a flower garden that is perfect for a large mural. 

It took two days!  ( Yesterday and this morning)  to complete.  Perhaps I was a little too ambitious.  The bear was a bit more challenging than I had thought.  But, eventually I called it finished and moved on. 

With the remainder of the day, I did a Gecko near the shuffleboard area.  It is too bad the sunlight flooded out the color.  The lizard is actually a bright orange!  But it looks darker in the picture and I can't fix it in post. 

Speaking of sunshine.   I'm afraid I have a wonderful sunburn after working all day in the direct sunlight.   You would think I would get sunburn on my face or arms or legs... Oh no!    I got a sunburn the small sliver on my back.   The area just above my pants where my shirt pulls up when I'm crouched over a chalk drawing.   Now, Personally,  I hate "Plumber's Crack".  I pull up my pants as much as I can whenever I feel my pants slip down.   However,  apparently,  I did not do it enough... And as a result.  I have a lovely red stripe just above my butt.   Good thing no one sees me naked!

Tomorrow is the Farmer's Market, and Cheryl has been baking all day.  If things go well, I will be blogging about that tomorrow.  Fingers crossed. 

Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Well a day late and a dollar short! That is an amazing bear and gecko. We were just talking about bears this week with our relatives.
I hope your Thursday market went great.

Hopefully the red stripe of sunburn wasn't too painful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails