Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One seat

Sold one seat today, Koala bears. I decided to carve up some pedants for Cheryl's jewelry store. I got some inspiration from one of her vintage jewelry books where they used wood to supplement the sparkle and luster. Now these are not my acorns, but this picture is similar to the one that inspired me. My acorns were made of some exotic dark wood. ( I'm thinking ebony) I don't really know because I purchased the wood at a thrift shop. The characteristics of the wood make it almost a nightmare to work with but it looks AWESOME! when sanded and polished. The wood is very hard ( I dulled up my chisel pretty good) and it has a resin that clogs up my bits and sanding paper. I don't have enough of it to make anything other than small jewelry items. So it's a nice thing to toy around with to see what I can do with it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails