Saturday, June 5, 2010

Iowa, Where Opportunity grows!

For the last couple of day I have not been blogging because Cheryl and I took a trip to Iowa. How fun! You see...we live in Michigan....should I go on? ( High unemployment, taxes, big government, etc.) Let's just say we are looking for opportunities to leave this state ( where I was born and have lived the majority of my life might I add) for greener pastures ( pun intended) So we set out on a two day expedition to see what Iowa has to offer. To be honest...Much more than here! We asked about several leads to employment and received encouraging results. The cities we visited looked pretty good from where we were looking. We even visited the 500 year flood plain of Cedar Rapids to look for housing opportunities. The houses looked rather old, and the flood damage was extensive. From the looks of it, most of the people have left the area for better housing. many of the houses we looked at had demolition signs placed on them. However, a few people have decided to stay and rebuild. ( or move into an old house and fix it up.) I don't know what the future holds for us at this point, but I'm hoping that Iowa has a place for us to stay on a permanent level.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails