Friday, December 22, 2017

A Much Needed Rest!


No stockings today!   We are finally at that point where people know they will not get their stockings by Christmas.   Still,   We did sell one last night and quickly sewed it up.   They knew that the stocking would not arrive in time but still wanted it.   Hopefully, we will be able to enjoy our Holiday Weekend with no new orders.    After Christmas, we will be more than happy to sew up any stragglers. 
Cheryl decides to run anyway.
Where does she get all that energy?


It MUST be the hair!
So!   What do we do with our new found time?   Well,   Cheryl continues to run.   And score.. like she is doing currently.   I guess she was ambitious enough to request hours After the Christmas stocking season, but before the Holiday weekend was over.  Talk about motivated!   I wonder where she gets all that energy.   Perhaps if I put my hair in braids,  I might be able to tap into that "Samson-like" Energy.   ("It MUST be the hair!"   Said every bald guy ever.)



Kinda small for the effort. 
Hickory Nut Crackin'!
I, on the other hand,   have been working on my nut cracking skills!   My father-in-law gave me a bunch of hickory nuts to sample.  (He must know I'll eat anything...  or something like that.)   They are similar to walnuts, but have a smaller meat inside.  Also, they are about as tough to crack!   I had a few but thought I would give the left-overs to the squirrels.   They may have a better time trying to get the meats out than I did.  Also, it should keep them busy so they stop destroying my bird feeder!
Light Dusting of Snow
It continues to fall....

I should note that it snowed today.   It still is!   Just a small dusting on the ground.  Nothing to make a snowman or snow fort over.  But there is a very good possibility that the snow will stay.   Cheryl tells me that the temps are going to get colder as the week progresses.


The cat continues to harass us as if we are still sewing in the shop.   Probably because Cheryl is in here scoring.  He has not bothered keeping the squirrels off the feeder for some time.   He has not shown much interest in the  Christmas tree either.  Maybe it is not as much fun without two other cats.   Who knows?   I try not to think like a cat much. 

Speaking of Pets!   Here are a few of the satisfied Customers this year.










Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Weekend so far.   For those who have to work... I feel for you.   But we did all of our work already so we could have this time to sit back, and enjoy a big piece of Raspberry Pie!  Yum!  Happy



1 comment:

L. D. said...

Each year I become exhausted watching you two work. You stockings are superb. You sense of design, picking out the details of the breed, is so great. When we ran an in house framing shop, we felt the same way at the end of the season. Everyone would line up at our counter and shows prints to be framed for Christmas. Sometimes Christmas eve I would drive them to the customer just because. We would frame into the night like crazy people too Rest now and yes it is darn cold out there this morning. You both have a great holiday season.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails