Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Late Night Stockings.... Are We There Yet?

Like Stocking season,  Only Shorter.
Like BUDS,  Only longer....
I can only imagine what "Hell Week" for Navy SEALS must be like.   The closest I can come to ....is Christmas Stocking season at Allenbrite Studio.

  I simply can't remember the day of the week,   the names of simple things, OR if I have done everything I am supposed to do for the day.  I'm this close ( imagine a very short distance) to hallucinating something unnatural...  Like me sailing on a quiet ocean... here in Iowa.


What Zero Chance of Rain looks like. 
And so it goes...   We have gone past the "stress" and are now entering the "loopy" phase of it all.   Sleep?   I get some.   Not sure how much help it provides.  Etsy still tells us we are below in sales compared to last year.   At this point, I simply don't care.   I somehow managed to qualify for the California English Speakers Test.   Hopefully there will be employment after Christmas is over.

In the mean time,  Cheryl continues to run,  sew, deflect bullets,  and everything else a "Super Woman" does.   Today was a rather windy day so she cut the distance short.  The wind, although not as cold as yesterday, was so strong that her braids were blowing sideways!  Not to mention almost blowing me off of my bike.    The Forecast also mentioned a ZERO percent chance of precipitation.   This is what Zero Percent looks like...

Notice Braids as the blow sideways. 



In other news, now that the season is almost over,  I finally got my Snowflake buttons!   I was so focused on those seasonal buttons, that I forgot to order the several dozen packages of black and green buttons we use for eyes. 

Naturally,  Those buttons are in short supply now and there is not enough time to order more.   I'll just have to hang on and do the most with what we have.  Luckily, the stockings have slowed to around 20+ a day.   ( no longer 40+)  So those numbers are manageable.  We can always buy them retail at JoAnn if we have to.

So that is all for the moment.   I'm rather tired and I have already enjoyed my "after-all-the-stockings are-finished" beer. Time to dive into Subnautica and try to survive another day stranded on an ocean planet. 

Hope everyone is having a fun Christmas season.   Try not to over indulge too much.  Cheryl disovered this Pecan Cheesecake that is simply addicting.  If I am not careful,  I will have to lose more after the holidays that normal.   We shall see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails