Saturday, December 2, 2017

And The Stockings Played On...


So many Stockings!
No place to put them all!
This week has flown by.   So many stockings!   We have averaged around 35 stockings each day since my last posting.   Today we only had 28.   So things may be calming down as we get closer to the big event.   At the very least, we have been able to stay on top of them and not fall behind.

  As things run out,  we have managed to order them and ( hopefully) not experience any shortages.  Buttons are my main concern...  Cheryl worries about felt.   We each have our own fields to worry about.
Cheryl in the cold


Cheryl in the "warm" 
That being said,  Cheryl still manages to put a few miles in each morning.   The weather has been weird lately, in that it starts out cold and then warms up to around 50 degrees.   Usually, we have run in the cold part and are stuck inside sewing during the warmer part of the day.   50 degrees is a pretty good temp to run in, but we can't stop our production line just so Cheryl can squeak out a few miles.
But then things heated up....   Time for a costume change.
             This morning was cold...             


So she ends up running in the cold and dressing for that temp.... only to have to remove most of her clothes as she overheats.   Normally the change is not to dramatic...  but today was one of those days where she should have chosen shorts.
Cheryl runs as Super Woman.

Some BIG news that I have not been able to blog about ( because of the stockings)  is that Cheryl has been accepted into the BERLIN MARATHON!   With our passports in hand,   we will be going there next fall.....  Barring the end of the world.   And if the world IS to end.... hopefully it will wait until after we get there.   I have always wanted to go to Germany and test out that High School German I was forced to learn in our Lutheran School.  I hated most of it, but managed to pick up enough to score a B+ on the Michigan State German Standardized Test.  ( I forget the real name of it)
We are going to Germany!

Unless this happens. 
I should clarify that I really hope the world does not end in my lifetime.   I know it is inevitable....  someday.   And maybe we humans will figure out a way to truly destroy the planet... and can add that to our  list of Human Achievements.   But let's wait until after I'm dead.   Then they can do what ever the heck they want to do.    I will no longer care.   Call me selfish.   I'm OK with it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their last month of the year.   The Holidays always make this time festive... unless you are making Christmas stockings for a living. 
We are going to need a LOT more stockings!


AND you have to pay for a Berlin Marathon with that stocking money.   Then you are either totally exhausted from making so many stockings and desire a break.





And Her dreams all involve running...Somewhere.

 OR you are worried that the sales will not be good enough to make your wife's dreams come true.    It really is a rock and a hard place.  But that is what the pursuit of happiness is all about...  right?

2 comments:

L. D. said...

Berlin would be such a great experience. I hope you get things worked out for it. You can't bring your sewing machine on the plane. You are making some wonderful stockings. It is amazing as to how far you have come on the production process than when you first started. Our framing business was like that as the people all wanted to frame stuff for gifts. WE sometimes had to deliverer on Christmas eve. I am glad to be done with that job. You people are staying strong. Good job.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I do not sew so I appreciate anyone who can! Your stockings are wonderful! Good Luck! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails