Sunday, December 10, 2017

All I want for Christmas.... Is....

Just for Men....
Is it just me?  Or are there other people who get socks and underwear as Christmas presents?   I'm not talking about sexy or some high-tech, high fashion underwear, either.   I'm talking about the stuff you see men wearing when they are NOT sexy.   Let's face it,   underwear for me is purely functional.   The same can be said for socks.   They insulate our feet and keep our shoes from giving us blisters.   Nothing sexy or glamorous about them. 

Who would not want this for Christmas? 
Just look around!   There are no Victoria Secret stores for men.   I'm not complaining.  Just observing.  (And if there are...That is just plain wrong!) 
There is something wrong with this picture.....

And so it goes that something so functional being given as a Christmas present seems a little...  lame.  I used to think my Mom was just copping out to fill in the Christmas present pile with "necessities."  Making it look like we were getting more toys than we originally were.   Oh, how those parents love to pull one over on their kids.   It must make up for the financial burdens we put on them.  

But I told Cheryl that was pretty much all I wanted this year.   Or rather... needed.   My supply has been slowly dwindling as Cheryl throws away any sock or brief that has any type of hole in it.   I don't notice much, until I reach into my drawer and find I have only one sock left!   Time to buy new ones!  

And so I wanted to create a bit of festivity with a Christmas song...  To demonstrate the ease of existence while being a man. ( Sung with the music from Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas..." Song) 

I don't want a lot for Christmas.
There are just two things I need.
One thing fits below my ankles.
The other one above my knees.
They just need to fit me right.
Not to loose, and not too tight.
Make my wish come true....
All I want are Fruit of the looms.
Now all I have to do is play basket ball...   Competently. 



Actually,  I'm wearing Hanes...  Boxer Briefs!  ( Because I like neither Boxers nor Briefs as individuals.) Micheal Jordan would be proud.  I can  now join in on all the other male population  who are getting things that are not tools, ties, or cologne.  
Maybe because we have all of these things already; or because the tools we really want are too "expensive."    Either way... I'll wear them.   I appreciate the usefulness and admire their durability and comfort.  Things that men have traditionally found more important than say....  diamonds.  
Now that looks like the perfect gift!

  Perhaps I will return the favor!    Seems like a good idea to me.   Why not share the love of socks and undies with the one you love.   What could possibly go wrong? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails