Sunday, December 24, 2017

When Snow And Deviled Eggs Fall...

Deviled Egg Disaster!
Cheryl will fix it!
Yesterday was one of the last opportunities to gather all the "fancy foods" we would need for our little Christmas buffet of treats.   Cheryl did some last minute add-ons to fill out the platter; and tossed in a pre-made tray of Deviled eggs from HyVee.   It was rather windy outside, and on the way to the car,  Whoosh!  Deviled eggs blew out of the bag and onto the parking lot cement.  Once back to inside the car, Cheryl surveyed the damage.


I hope she washed her hands first....
Cheryl, being the "Quick-Fix" person that she is,   tried to even out the smooth over the disaster with the best tools she had at her disposal.   I'm not sure she succeeded.

I can do this!  
Now it's MY turn! 

So I took her failure as an opportunity to show off my "fixing" skills.   I used the best tools at my disposal as well.   I think my way was better.
See!   All fixed!  I think my way is better....

Once home,  Cheryl wanted to do a "better" job on the survivors.   I'm not sure how well they turned out...but I can tell you they look nothing like the originals in the store.   I guess that is true with most things we purchase impulsively.
Not sure these guys are "Better".  

No worries!   Leave it to me to solve the problem once and for all! 
I guess I will have to "fix" these ones as well....


What a difference a day makes. 
Other than that,  Cheryl is Bored.   Now that stockings are over and the constant threat and stress from customers is a thing of the past....  she has nothing to do with herself except bother me with her bored-ness. 

24 hours and 2 inches of snow later....
We tried to run it out of her today.   Despite the falling snow and colder temps,  she ran the hills bundled like an Eskimo.   Currently, she is staring at me intently as if I was going to suggest we have something to do.  But I got nothin'. 
One of my many jobs. 

Is to watch out for the cat. 
I spend most of my time watching politically charged videos, playing video games, and petting the cat.   I am the only one who can somehow entertain him.    But if you throw Cheryl in that mix...  well,  where will I find the hours? 

Sometimes he is hard to find. 

I'll have to look him up 
Hopefully,  the Christmas presents she bought herself will keep her occupied for a while after we open them.   This will allow me to pet the cat and maybe achieve a new high score on Steam.  We may have to open those presents a little earlier than expected.   (We traditionally opened our presents on Christmas Eve.)
Cheryl can't wait to play with her new Christmas Presents....


 So let's dig out those gifts and open that bottle of Christmas Wine that just arrived in the mail!   Time to kick this party off!
       


Hope everyone else is having a fun and Merry Christmas.   It's tough to relax after a hectic stocking season.  But I'm sure next week,  after Cheryl runs in the New Year  run,  we will be back on track with stuff.  Maybe.


Capturing the eerie Sun while Cheryl runs.   I like it.

1 comment:

L. D. said...

I am sure you are almost numb from the rush of sales. I know you have to repurpose yourself after a demanding lifestyle. The cold is unbearable. I really suffer just taking the dog outside. I found I needed to rush him as he too though his front paws were too cold and tried to convince me he couldn't walk anymore. I had to pull him through snow quickly and get him stop his ramp to walk to the top step. He was glad to get inside for sure. I think it is Michigan weather tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails