Thursday, December 7, 2017

Celebrating Berlin with Berliners, Running, and Stockings.

But what about ME? 
My blog is now Cheryl's blog? 
Cheryl has informed me that I have not blogged about her lately.    Although she does seem to take up most of the real estate of my blog lately,   the blog is supposed to be about ME.    But that would mean I would blog even less than I already do... so I guess I will have to squeeze in a story about her and her current events.

Lots of stockings.
Great  for after a long day of sewing. 
Another 25 stocking day.... and it is past 8:30 PM.   The peak sales seem to have evened out a bit for the moment....with one last weekend before Christmas.  ( for purposes of shipping stockings... that is) The Etsy Stats still tell us that we suck at selling things and that our sales are down.   Hurray for good news!  We love being told all that hard work and sleepless nights are worth a grand total of Negative Money!  But don't pay any attention to me....  I'm just exhausted and sleepy.   I'm also drinking beer as I write this.   Goose Island  Honker's Ale!   Pretty good beer if you are looking for something to try.
Cheryl enjoys the warm weather


Sometimes a little too much.
So on to the story of Cheryl.    She has been running.. as usual.   The weather was pretty mild with temps rising into the 60's!    Perfect for shorts and stuff.    And then the cold front moved in. 


And then the cold comes in. 
Along with the wind.( check out the flag!)
Actually,  we are on the threshold of winter.   Those warm temps seem freakish compared to what we were used to in Michigan.    But Old Man Winter has finally caught up and is trying to make up for lost time.  Or in this case...  Temperature.


Too cold to be outside?
At least the running warms you up. 
That long lead in was to say that it was COLD this morning.    Cheryl had to bundle up and I had three layers with hand-warmers to ride my bike.  We definitely have to adjust and acclimate to the new conditions.

So this is a Berliner?
Looks edible....
In the mean time,   Cheryl has fallen in love with the Dunkin Donuts version of the Berliner. Berliners are a jelly filled fried dough ball made in Germany.   And it contains the name of the city we are going to run a Marathon in.  So obviously they are set to become her "celebration food."   Move over Boston Creme....


Hmmm  Mmfmf   meme 

The Face of Satisfaction! 
  So... Somehow that all makes sense.    I told her about the famous ( or infamous) President Kennedy telling the world, "I am a Jelly Donut!"  Although everyone who does not know German understood it as "Ich bin ein Berliner."  Or: I stand with you (Berlin)  against Communism.   Sometimes things are lost in translation.  I like the literal translation best.   And I'm sure the Russian did too....  if they had a sense of humor back then.

I'll take the one on the right....

Cheryl tackles the Custom orders
A small section of Special  orders. 
Other than that,   We have been sewing stockings.   Several times today, Cheryl and I both thought today was Friday.   This is typical for us when we have been working this much in a continuous fashion.   We lose track of time and the days begin to blur.    We both want to make as much money as possible...  But we also both eagerly look forward to the end.   Our plans are to sleep...  A LOT!   And maybe schedule a race or IKEA visit.   We will see.
Ich bin ein doughnut mit Streusel

Until then,   I'll have to think about something about myself so I can blog about something that is NOT Cheryl.   Maybe the Cat will have something worth mentioning.   I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails