Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Running With Eagles.

Two Bald Eagles near the trail
Cheryl watches from the sidewalk. 

A pleasant cold run this morning.   Nothing spectacular...  Until we saw these two Eagles! 
Just sitting near the river as we rode/ran by.   I snapped several dozen pics, but not before one of them flew away.    The last one hung around until we left.   Maybe he really liked the spot.

This is how close we are to them. 

Notice the water line for the river. 
Another strange thing was that the river dropped almost 5 Feet over night!    I doubt the picture  shows it very well, but if you look beyond the birds to the other side of the shore, you will note a margin where the snow ends and the water begins.   I don't know what caused this, but it is strange because the river had been over the trail just last month...  and continued to be high until ...yesterday I guess.   Perhaps the water is frozen further north..  or the tributaries that feed the river are frozen solid.  Either way,  you can see the sand and parts of the river below the waterline.   Creepy!

As far as my zoom will take me. 
As far as my computer will magnify, 

Other than that,   stockings have tapered off.  Only 16 today.  Which is a good thing because Cheryl has to catch up on those custom requests.  I still have to message people that their stockings are ready... And I have to limit my internet...  So just a short post today... again. 

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails