Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Blizzard Has Arrived!


So the big snow storm did NOT hit us last night.   It hit us this morning around 8:30 this morning.   It was simply rain and 34 degrees.   I thought we might actually have a chance that it would miss us.   But, look like fate had other plans. 


I cataloged the experience with Subie as the measuring stick.   Even as I write this,  the snow continues to fall.   Mixed with a wonderful blowing wind,  it pretty much makes subie disappear in a white fog.

We had been getting winter storm warnings for a couple of days, but they recently upgraded the warning to a Blizzard warning!    I guess that is REALLY bad...

But really,  I made a discovery.   Winter storms are so much less of a concern when you are snuggled safea nd warm in your small toasty hovel.  It is only during traveling that Snow and Ice become a problem.   I mean,  When was the last time you made a warm hot chocolate and watched the rising river as the water approached your back porch?   Or watched as a  Tornado or Hurricane ripped off your roof?   I'm betting,  if you are somewhat intellegent,  that you headed to higher ground or the basement for protection.

But with a winter storm,  you hole up and hide out with a warm beverage and a toasty blanket while watching the gentle snow flakes fall.   It is kinda like therapy!



So,  while the internet holds out, I will cut this blog short and watch the birds and falling snow. It is the first time the birds acually have shown an interrest in the bird seed this year.    Sometimes the snow brings good things...  Sometimes.   Then again, I'm not looking forward to driving in this slop tomorrow.   We shall see.   

I should  also mention we did 32 stockings today.   Our first "30 stockings in one day" this year.  I shudder to think what would have happened if we had traveled to Grand Rapids this holiday.   Snow storm,  Crazy Stockings!  It would have been stressful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails