Thursday, November 15, 2018

Why No One Believes In Bigfoot Pictures....

See the Buck in the Thicket? 
 The other day, I was so excited!  Because we finally saw the buck that has been rubbing up the trail we run on.   He has rubs all over the trail, but they are small.  I was not expecting anything huge.
Neither can I.   Here.  Let me Circle him.  Is that better?

And then we saw him.   In the Frosty morning..  With the sun to our backs.   It was the perfect conditions to take a picture.   With Phone camera in hand, I snapped off a dozen pics.   He even stood still for a long time... just for me to zoom in!  I could not clearly see the tines, but I would guess from the size that he was a 6-8 pointer. I would count them later...  after I got home and could clear up the pics.
How about this one? Same Trail. Differant Deer.  


So you can imagine my disappointment when I got home and the pictures looked like junk!   He was in brush, granted.   But even I had a hard time finding him and I knew where he was! 



Let me Fumble with the Zoom.
But this morning...  we got a second chance.   I should clarify.   Not at the same buck.  Rather,  this buck was much larger.   It was on the other side of the road, near the river.  Judging from the size,  he was easily a 10 pointer. 
Here we go!   Not too bad given the lighting. 


Cheryl waved at him for a few seconds, but he did not stick around for me to fumble with any zoom features.   I barely had to time track him as he sprinted over the road to the wood lot on the other side.   The Sun was to his back ( and our front!)  causing glare.   So, with the bad lighting, moving target, and lack of zoom, you might expect me to batch his job as well.
He takes off running!   Cheryl waves as he disappears

Surprisingly,  it did not turn out too bad.   At least you can see that it is a buck!  ( I hope!)   And with Cheryl getting in the way, I mean...  In the picture as well,  you know that the pic is authentic, and not something I photo-shopped or snagged from the internet.  ( Something I NEVER do....wink wink)

This got me to thinking about Nessy and Bigfoot.   Two creatures with Photographic evidence, but everyone believes is a hoax.   Why is it that pictures are no longer the final authority on a subject?   After my little deer sightings,  I understand the frustration these con men must have felt when there were people who were skeptical of their "proof". 
Into the Woods.


And over the road.  Nice silhouette!
But then there are so many people who DID and STILL DO believe in Bigfoot and Nessy.   With people this easy to convince,  it makes me wonder what we are doing wrong.  I guess people believe what they want. 

Cheryl can't believe it!   Even before the Picture Proof.

Picture Proof!
Well,  as a skeptic on many things myself,  I know I do not have to prove my own sightings to anyone.  Only myself.  If you can't believe what you yourself are trying to show,  then how can you convince others?  Bu that is too much philosophy for this blog.
Crazy Stockings!

Stockings are still going strong.  30 stockings the other day, followed by 19 and 10 today.  ( Mid-week slump?)   We can use the light day.  Time to get caught up on other things and enjoy the many deer running around this time of year.  Oh, if I had lived in Iowa when I was a hunter...  Maybe I would have been more successful in my youth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails