Saturday, December 14, 2019

Cheryl's Candy Cane Christmas Run.

Greetings from Omaha!   What a strange place to be in the middle of the Christmas Season... Unless you consider that this is the one place one can run a Christmas race.   That is correct,  Only running a race would bring us to Omaha.   And Cheryl has been eager to try out her Sana Suit ever since she purchased it last year. 

With Stockings finally on their way out,  what better time to take a break and visit an exotic location.  And what could possibly be more exotic than Omaha Nebraska?    I mean, who would ever come here to visit unless you had friends or family? 



Not that Omaha has nothing to offer.  Case in point:  The Union Station Museum.   

Cheryl heard of it, figuring we would be bored here if we did not find something to entertain ourselves with before the packet pickup.   We came in right as the Kids were playing Christmas Carols with their Instruments.   


There was also a functional soda fountain,  complete with Modern Starbuck Pricing!   Still,  the root beer float was good.  And Cheryl had some Sundae that was tasty. 

After the refreshments,  we headed downstairs to find out all of the history surrounding Omaha.  It was cool.  It was fun...  It was rather exhausting.   Lots of cool pics, but I only chose a few..  and I missed the Full sized buffalo that was in the Lewis and Clark section.  ( It was well done,  as an amateur taxidermist, myself. ) 



Otherwise,  we don't really dig on trains,  navy ships,  cows, and political virtue. Cheryl was ready to go after seeing everything, and so was I.   unfortunately,  I did not get any pics of the packet pickup, because it was at a Nature's Store.   One of those Hippy Health food places that make my skin crawl.   They Do have good Mushroom Coffee's and Teas though.   It pains me to have to go there to buy Lion's Mane Mushrooms...  Fresh ones!  But we do it. 

So tomorrow,  Cold!   And Early!   I hear the star time for the race is 8 AM.   I'm not even sure if the Sun will be up at the start.   And I will have to wear proper Spectator Gear unless I want to Freeze to death.   At least Cheryl will have a Santa Suit and a warm activity to keep her temp up.   Wish us luck! 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We loved Omaha at Christmas time! It was much warmer than Minnesota! I love the zoo there...and yes we had kids that lived in a suburb for awhile:) Hope Cheryl has a great run!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails