Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Eagles Have Landed...


The last several days have been very cold.   Cold enough to cause the Lakes and several portions of the river to freeze over.   This causes the Eagles all to gather near the only open waters... namely the Iowa River.

Today was a great day because many of them were rather close to the trail.   Even with my crappy Phone Camera, I was able to take possibly the best pictures of the year.    It is rare for them to allow you to take your time and focus on them.  And I never seem to get tired of watching them and pointing them out.   Such a magnificent bird.


Other than that,   the stocking shop is now off and we are waiting for a few orders to clear before we finish them up.  We did two today, and still have a set of three in the hopper.  Only then...  will we be able to rest fully.










I also managed to put the tree up.   However,  this year we are taking a break from adding all the bulbs to it.  It already has lights and  the topper.   But Cheryl and I lack the energy to fully deck things out.   I'm impressed it is even up at all!  Since we both mentioned in passing that maybe we should skip digging it out and putting it up... only to have to take it down a week later.


But,  The Christmas Spirit shined through!  Hooray!

I have to begin work on my "End of Year Blog post".  2019 was a BIG year for us.   Maybe not in sales of stockings....  But definately in the running department.   And then there were the Mushrooms!   Lots to chat about and I don't want to write a Telephone book..  so I will have to consolidate pictures and stories.   It will give me something to do in the down time.   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails