Friday, September 25, 2020

A Very Large Frog. Blogger Still Angers Me.

.   
It is not every day that we see a frog of this size.   In fact, I don't think I have EVER seen a frog of this size in nature.   Or in captivity, come to think of it.  I know there are "Cane Toads" in Austrailia that are huge... And in Africa, there are a number of Bull Frogs. (Lots of big creatures in Africa, ....  So toads and frogs had better be something of a match.)   

The strange thing is,  we found this thing along the Kewash trail.....

Where there is no water!  There are no ponds, rivers, or streams.   The best thing we could guess was the he came from small drainage ditch that looked like it had been dried out a long time.  

Judging from the size of this guy, I could assume he has been living off of field mice!   I'm sure he could easily eat one if one got too close.  Add in that the moisture of the fields in the form of Humidity and heavy dews might be able to keep this guy hydrated for a very long time.  Perhaps he does not really need a pond after all.  Bear in mind,  he is not a toad! 


We did find it in the same area where we found that Snapping Turtle all those years ago.  THAT was such a strange thing that we nic-named the section of trail "The Turtle Road."   A snapping turtle of that size probably came from the same body of water.    But this body of water is not obvious to us or anywhere near the trail   He is a frog. ( Frog vs Toads are like Turtles vs Tortoises..One is land based, the other is water)  Sorry!  My Biology Nerd kicked in there. 



I found a Tomato Horn Worm on my tomato plants yesterday.   I wanted to bring him inside and hatch him out, but Cheryl reminded me what happened last time. ( Wasp had already laid eggs on him and he died)   I figured I would let him  eat that backyard plant as we currently have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. 


And lastly,  A few more chalk drawings in the park.   Things are getting harder now that the heat had kicked back up.   Add in that I always seem under time pressure and mindful of observers.  Today,  and entire class from the middle school came up and watched me!   What can I say?  Sometimes the art flows and other times it does not.    


Well,  now the fun begins to see if I will be able to post this on blogger.   My patience is at an all time low as I tried making my own chalk today and failed miserably!   After a brief moment of profanity,  Cheryl said she would buy me more chalk.  The last set of 100 had no Orange!  And it now appears EVERYTHING I want to put on the sidewalk has some orange in it.  Just my luck.   But I digress!   I shall see if Blogger will be more forgiving today.   Wish me luck!

UPDATE!  Blogger still angers me.  What the heck is going on?  I cut and paste the HTML and it does not work... And the Compose Mode is now WORTHLESS!   HUrry and Fix IT BLogger!   (Sorry for the venting.. it has been a day.) 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I don't use the HTML code for photos I just upload them from my computer. Your Tiger is awesome!! WOW...and that frog could be a meal:)

L. D. said...

Your paintings are wonderful. My uses pastels to do paints of different animals. A tiger she has done many times. I am enjoying see all your different art works. I use to teach art and created artworks but life has gotten too busy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails