Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Finding Fall Mushrooms, Running The Mississippi, And Fighting With Blogger!

Moments after giving up on ever solving the new Blogger, I was somewhat surprised to discover that I accidentally figured something out. I have been fighting with the new Blogger format for the last several days, and I am not alone! Apparently, several of the other bloggers that I follow are feeling the same frustration. I have been blogging for over 10 years... and nothing was wrong with the set up! But Blogger "fixed " something that was not broke.. and now it is broke broke! But I digress.
I discovered that the HTML mode and the "Compose" mode are NOT what you see in the final posting. This is both confusing AND frustrating as you are unable to see exactly where you are putting your pictures unless you finish posting things. And only then will you see that all the words and pictures are where they need to be. There is a Preview button, but that is frustratingly slow and annoying.
So this entire post is pretty much me trying to figure out how to put my pictures in where they need to be. By the way, I tend to put a lot of pictures in AND I usually download them all at once. The old way would allow me to shuffle them in to my paragraphs simple enough. It was never the best, but it worked for me and I learned how to deal with it. THIS way.. Forces me to download one picture at a time. What if I want more than one picture?
So this way is just far more complicated than I really am used to. I used to be able to focus on what I wanted to say and dod not have to worry about how it was going to look or if things would be messed up in the process.
If you struggle to juggle, use fewer balls! So that is why there seems to be random photos in this posting. TO see if I can get things to work out on purpose, rather than by accident.
Anyway, I may as well post the pictures of our Muscatine adventures today. In addition to running along the Mississippi, we also found a small cluster of Shaggy Cap mushrooms. They are ink cap mushrooms, so they will begin to dissolve their cap as they spread their spores. For this reason, many people do not eat them, as they appear to rot before your eyes.
I wanted to see if I could get some to dry up. They are a tasty mushroom with additional health benefits. Foraging for them in the wild is the only way to get them, but that usually means you have to eat them immediately. However! With our dehydrator, it may be possible to keep them in storage without them rotting away!
I have been working on dehydrating my tomatoes... with mixed success. Cheryl says she will end up juicing them for sauce. We shall see how things turn out. Well, that is all for me today. I can see that I seem to be messing things up again. If the Preview check is working properly... which I assume it is. Very Frustrating Blogger! Downloading pictures takes forever and is ticking me off as well. I should probably end this before I say something bad. Hope everyone else who is struggling with Blogger is having better success.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails