Tuesday, September 22, 2020

An Experiment with the New Blog Format.

With all my complaining on the blog..ABOUT the blog, Far Side Of Fifty has offered a hand and a hint on how to deal with the random picture placement the new format throws at me. So this will be a test to see if I can figure it out. By the way, I'm NOT a "Coder". Yes! Two college degrees and I know how to use computers..just not program them. ( Not everyone is so high tech!) But I do have the ability to learn... and I'm not too old to do so. ( My Dad would say that when he did not want to do anything.) So here it goes!
I wanted to post a few of my latest chalk drawings on the blog on a random day. I had so many pictures of the Visiting Relatives and the Mall Closing that I simply had not where to fit them in. Add in that to make room on my computer, I ended up deleting some! So, Best to cram them all in now while checking out the advice from a Fellow Blogger.
Flaming Oes!

Looks like there are still gaps in the text. And, being a wordy writer, I tend to enjoy writing a vast epic and then adding in the pictures after I have finished the narration. This method, seems slow. But... at least it appears to be working?
  I flip from HTML to Compose to see if the pictures are going where I want them to.  I really miss the old Microsoft ONE program that allowed me to place pictures, videos, and links where ever I wanted them and the text would automatically surround the pictures with no gaps in text Ah, the good old days.

All right, 
I still do not have the hang of things,  so looks like it will be trial and error from now on.     Right!  Anyway,  The local's have been pegging me as the "total Wierd Guy" Now that I draw with chalk AND play with bubbles.    Next they will see me flying my kite in the park and wonder where my "handler" is.  ( That would be Cheryl... if she was not so busy ignoring me and doing her own thing.)  I guess many people in small towns don't see sidewalk artist very often.  

 
 I try to tell them it is not a big deal... in fact,   it is kind of strange.  But they insist  I have talent and all that.  ( Seriously,  it is like doodling and filling it in with crayon.   Everyone did these things in Highschool, right?) I wanted to attempt the "Starry Night" with cats.   Let me tell you, copying a crazy man like Vincent Van Gogh is not as easy as one might think.    Still, I think the picture turned out better than the actual drawing.  

I actually had enough energy left over to draw a Chibi Leopard.   I picked a very bad place to put it though.  The sidewalk was very rough and I was running out of chalk colors.   Thankfully I got a new set of colors today.   Yeah Cheryl the Shopper.

Alright,  That was a disaster.  I have used up all of my patience and I think I got one picture to end up where I wanted it to be.   And I don't even remember who I did it.   Frustrating!   I will take another whack at it tomorrow.   IN the mean time,  Thanks for stopping in. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the cats and the starry night!! It is perfect! Now for the winter I think you should pain on rocks and leave them along the trails...paint on one side and a quote on the other! That would keep you out of trouble for awhile.
I am doing ok with blogger now...sorry it is so frustrating for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails