Tuesday, September 29, 2020

After the Rain..... Chalking In The Park.


Cat Chasing Fish...Add caption


Add caption

 All of the previous murals are gone.  Wiped clean from the sidewalks...by the rain.   I figured when the rain failed to let up that the Murals were doomed.   But FEAR NOT!  Oh People of Wellman...  For I am Yet Not Bored! 

I can't believe it, but yesterday I actually got back out there and messed around with another cat scene.  I picked a really bad section of concrete.   Here is a little tip on sidewalk art:   Don't Choose a Rough Sidewalk Patch!   It eats up the chalk and takes 

Pegasus ...Add caption
forever to finish.  I'm sure most people would figure that out right away, but not me.   Because once "confidence" enters your brain,  you begin to do things that would normally cause you to hesitate.  

But it all turned out.  Not exactly like the inspiration piece, but close enough.   And who really knows anyway?   I have to tell myself, "There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to art." ( A "Yoda" Quote, I think....With some embellishments.    Who ever said Star Wars was good for nothing? )  Maybe that is my style... Maybe that is my intention! Maybe that is the limits of my skill... Who is to say?   Just Do it!  ( A Nike Quote?   Why should they get the credit for that? Mom used to tell me those words all the time.)

Add caption

But today went a little better.   At least the sidewalk was a little easier to work with.  I should also note that it has been overcast the last two days and there is a threat of rain at any time.  In fact, it began raining on my mid "chalking".   Thankfully, it was only a light drizzle and let up after a few minutes.  

Add caption
Cheryl finds Shaggy caps
Add caption

Other than that,  not much else is going on.   I should mention Cheryl ran 12 miles on Sunday.  

 And we have been consistently finding Shaggy caps all around the trails in Muscatine and Iowa City.  Unfortunately,  Shaggy caps and Dryad Saddles are the only edible ones we have been finding.   And Dryad Saddle is a little too tough for Cheryl's liking.  In fact, we still have a bag of them from this Spring!   

Shaggy Caps...  Add Caption here

But I will take the Shaggy Caps any day.   They are tasty and now that I know they dry up well, we can find as many as we are able and keep them for later.  Bring it on! 

Hope everyone is enjoying the Autumn Weather.   This morning it was just under 50 degrees!  (Chilly for my bike riding...)  But Cheryl is enjoying the cool temps.    I guess Runners like things colder.    


Oh,  I discovered a few things about blogger. Namely:  If you want to move pictures around, you have to give them a title first.   Otherwise, the paragraph the picture is in will become the caption!   To demonstrate,  I will leave the "Add Caption" in the picture so it is obvious.  


Captions for pictures are kind of optional for me.  Sometimes I add them, other times, I let the photo do the talking.  But now that I can move the pics around the words,  things are looking better.  Cheryl said I was becoming a handful whenever I would try to blog.   I mean... It was not like I was yelling at Her! I was focusing my anger at a computer program....   Which is actually quite harmless.  And funny!  If you think about it.    But now the fun is over now that I figured Blogger out.  At least in the short term.

Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

L. D. said...

I bet others besides me enjoy all the art work. We seem to have a lot of mushrooms up around here.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So good to hear you have quite fighting blogger:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails