Saturday, September 12, 2020

Duo Days In Muscatine.

New Cutting Mat!
Yesterday Rain in Muscatine. 
We traveled to Muscatine yesterday AND today.   The Reason?   Because it is cool.   AND  we happened to need a few supplies that JoAnn Fabrics  currently offers.    With Stockings currently online,  we had to get thread, buttons, a new scissors, and a new Cutting Mat for me!   I'm very excited.

Compared to old one.  
The old cutting mat was beginning to show its age.  I had permanently cut a stocking shape on both sides!   I also use it a lot to cut paper, make paper, and color paper.   This has caused the Mat finish to become stained and dirty.   Probably not the best thing to cut clean fabric  on if you want it to remain that way.    There was also a warp where I either used the  Iron on the board or left it by the heater vent.   Any way you look at it, I needed a new one.
No more snags and warps. 

I'm sure I could have squeezed another season out of the old one.  It certainly cut the stockings just fine.   But I will not miss the snags,  the warped surface, or the discolored background that reminded me just how much abuse it had taken.


Total Saturation. 


Cheryl  dries off in the Subie. 

Yesterday was a serious rain event.  It rained all day and it rained hard!  Cheryl and I both got soaked on our run...  Gone was the light mist and drizzle.   It was just short of a downpour, but we both got cold and wet anyway.

Leo spends the Day! 
He seemed right at home. 
Leo decided to spend the day with us yesterday.   He showed up just afternoon and stayed inside the entire time.  I'm sure it was partly because he was not enjoying the rain either.  He is a very photogenic cat.   Whenever you try to take his picture,  he freezes and looks at the camera.   So simple!  And yet Hiro never set still long enough to focus the camera. Capturing Hiro is like trying to capture a flash of lightning. 
The difficulty of blogging
with two cats. 

Hiro and Leo playing. 
I sometimes have a difficult time typing my blog because the cats hem me in as I write things.   Apparently, I'm never more interesting than when I'm focused on typing on  the computer.




Even Rocket came to join us.
(Everyone dislikes the rain.) 
Leo shows off his fluffy tail. 


At least Hiro had a friend the entire day yesterday.  He even had Rocket ( neighbor's cat) join us.   It was like having a cat sleep over party.  Only Oreo was not invited... because no one likes Oreo.

Today!  Muscatine,  Drier, warmer. 
Cheryl lost the jacket after one mile. 
As for today,  The Farmer's Market in Muscatine was vastly smaller.   I'm thinking it is the time of year AND the weather. ( still a little drizzly this morning.)   Today is supposed to be the last rain day for a while.  so higher temps and sunshine are predicted.   At least I was able to score some Honey from the Bee guy.  And Cheryl and I both finished our run/bike in time for breakfast Pizza  ( Fresh today! It's the best when it's fresh!  Lucky!)

Perhaps Leo will join us again soon. 
He certainly looks like he belongs
here. 
As for  the rest of today,  I just finished putting new covers on our IKEA sofas.   Cheryl was never happy with those last covers, but they filled the void.   SHe even let the cats use them as scratching posts...  That is all about to change with these guys.   The color is very similar, but the material is more sleek and less nubby.   I like them!  They make the sofas look brand new again!   And I never really minded the color. ( better than light gray any day!)   Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.   Stay dry!   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a new cutting mat! Hope you sell lots of stockings! Boy that Leo has some pretty eyes:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails