Thursday, September 10, 2020

Day Three Of The Iowa Rain.

Another Rain Run This Morning. 
Cheryl debates if she wants to
Run while it rains. 
It is really raining out today.  A really good soaker rain!  The last couple of days were more of a constant drizzle/ mist.  You could run, bike, or blow bubbles outside and not get very wet during the process.

But then she jumps into the Mix! 
The rain does not seem o bother her
as much as it does me. 
But not today!   Today,  any more than a minute outside will drench you!   Normal people would probably stay inside and drink a warm beverage while staying dry....


Check out those sexy legs!

But not us!


If Cheryl does not run every day,  she goes crazy.   Yes,  Seriously crazy.  (Some might call it depression or anxiety...  I call it schizophrenia!)  More like a Jeckle and Hyde thing.  It happens to me as well.  Only I'm more of a "spontaneous Mr. Hyde" for a moment, then I'm ok.  But if Cheryl does not run or do some physically miserable activity,   she becomes Mr. Hyde all day!
Sexy?  Or Freakishly Muscular?!   Scary! 

The three days of rain probably made the Kewash Trail unusable.  The mud would surely bog down my tires and cause my inner Mr. Hyde to appear more often than normal.  So for that reason,  we went back to Coralville today.

Riding a bike on a paved sidewalk/bike trail is far more pleasant... even under the cold and wet conditions of today.   As long as I have my Goretex equipped,   I can handle most of the miserable weather that is out there.  My hands and ears do get cold, but I'm mostly able to tolerate things.
Cheryl's Inner Spirit Animal.






Cheryl, however, seems to LOVE this weather.   There was a time when I would hunt or fish in the most dire weather conditions, but lately, I have become a wimpy old man.   But Cheryl seems to have lost the girly features she once had when we first met and traded them in for the BLUE OX!  (Her inner Bemiji Marathon Spirit Animal.)
Check out those abs!  (They are even Oiled up!)

Cheryl is always wondering why I take pictures of her  muscular legs and never seem to capture her Awesome Vanity Abs?  I told her it's because I can't see her abs  under all that chub,  I mean.. Clothes!   But!  I figured out a way to get an even more Awesome Picture of those Abs.   I think she will be impresses when she reads this blog post.



Leo cuddling Cheryl

He seems very happy. 
Leo the "Part-Timer" cat came home early yesterday.  Perhaps the rain was one of the reasons.  Perhaps the fact that days are getting shorter and the evening approaches more quickly.   Either way,  he attacked Cheryl with cuddles so effectively, I think Cheryl did not know what to do with him.  She is not used to cats actually loving her.

Leo debates going  outside
into the rain. 
  Mostly they just bat her nose until she feeds them. ( or trashes her books.... Hiro!) But Leo must be in it for the Long Game.   I told him if he can win Cheryl's affections, he will always be welcome inside.

But eventually,  he jumps into the
mix. 
And lastly, we just finished 4 stockings.   That is 12 stockings over 2 days.   Not a bad start for September.   IF things pan out as normal, we may make $1000 this month.   For that reason,  we usually stick with scoring and keep out shop closed... But this year has been a little different.

Hope everyone is staying dry and comfy.  Speaking of which!  I have to make my coffee before the hot water gets cold.   These blog postings take so long to write out.    But what else will I do if I don't write something?  Get a job?   I don't think so.   Besides,  between stockings, and bubble making, I really do not have much time for anything else.   Now, off to get that Coffee!

Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think that might be Bemidji! There is a Babe there and a tall Paul:) Yeah for running in the rain...you guys are being great worker bees with the stockings:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails