Tuesday, February 16, 2021

"And Now For Something Completely Different... And Furry!"

An Epic Tale of Battle.

After yesterday's Saga tale of Bicycle Woes,  I figured I would make this blog post a short one about something a little more easy to understand.  (Because,  after re-reading it today,  even I had a difficult time following my overly worded post....) And since the Internet seems to LOVE cats...   Why not write about those?   We have three of them.   ( One of them is actually ours!) 

With the extreme cold temps keeping us inside,  This is how I pass the time.   I will let Rocket ( the neighbor's cat.)  Explain it with pictures.

I call it: "The  Magic Carpet Slide"

Rocket also entertains Hiro when he is not bothering me for play time.  It may appear Hiro is beating Rocket up... but in reality,  Rocket is almost twice Hiro's size and attacks Hiro at night... While we are all sleeping.    (Imagine a Banshee Shrieking at 2 AM and you will understand  the significance of that statement.) 

Hiro gets in his punches when he can....  During the Daytime.

Rocket plays dead.  Don't be fooled!

Otherwise,   Cheryl ran around the lake today and I rode the bike.  No problems!   On either side.  My bike passed the field test even with a new layer of snowfall on the trail,  and Cheryl's "Butt" did not give her any problems.   ( Or hip, or hamstring... Whatever!  Some other part of her leg that was causing pain trouble.)   Taking the last 6 days off seems to have helped the inflammation disappear.    Still,   there will be a certain level of rebuilding and retraining to get back to normal.   And if the weather ever warms up again,   we may be able to actually enjoy the great outdoors instead of simply dealing with the cold.    I said I would try to keep it short,  so I will end it here.   Thanks for stopping in!  And stay warm!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad Cheryl goto run...and your bike actually worked!! Stay warm! I saw a lady on TV making an igloo out of colored pans of snow and thought of you!

Val Ewing said...

Wow, great you got outside and the cat vids or gifs are crazy fun to watch. I had cats as a kid and half my family is cat folk and half is dog folk. And I've had both in the house at the same time. Always so much fun. My cats would sleep on top of my big dogs!

I'm impressed with riding a bike in this weather. How on earth do you dress for it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails