Friday, February 26, 2021

Melting Ice and Snow.


Well, seems the warmer weather is heading our way!  Yeah!   It has been so warm here the last few days that Cheryl has been able to run in  shorts!   (At least  on Wednesday.)  They are predicting 50's tomorrow and the next day.   I'm impressed that the snow is melting so rapidly with temps creeping up into the 40's.   An additional 10 degrees should hasten the snow removal. 

Find the Eagles in this picture!
There are several more!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have not had many opportunities to capture eagles this winter.   However,  I did manage to capture a few on the Mississippi the other day.  The river is still frozen, but has pockets of open water.  The Eagles seem to be guarding their "pool territory" for fresh fish... when it appears.  I did not have the telescopic lens attached, but I think you can at least make out the several that are on the ice. 

 I have also been spending my afternoon time doing more chalk drawings on the dry areas by the community center.  Yesterday,  they called the News Paper on me.   It must be a slow news day in Wellman when my Chalk Drawings become a thing of news! 

 

 

But it was fun-ish.   I don't really give very good interviews. (As demonstrated by my lack of stable career...) I probably said something dumb and cliche'...  Like "Art is Fun!"  

Just kidding!  Thankfully I avoided something so cringe worthy as that.  But I'm sure something else of equal embarrassment will make the pages of the paper.  Mostly I'm just shy about the "simple drawings" I have been tackling lately, since I have been starting small because I don't know how the weather will be.   But people are still commenting on them and they seem to be liking them. 

Today I finished my "Winnie the Pooh" drawing.   "Everyone loves Winnie the Pooh,"  I thought. Except Cheryl....   And.... the Communist Dictator of China.   I wonder why....

One of these days I will have to blog about how my Popcorn experiments have been turning out.   I will give a hint that I make about three bowls of the stuff every day!  ( Perfectly Popped!)  And Kettle Corn is my favorite so far.   In the mean time.   I will keep this one short and wish every one a happy upcoming weekend.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

So you are a famous artist! Way to go...soon you will have all kinds of kids following you around! Cheryl in shorts it must be warmer! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails