Thursday, October 28, 2021

What do Dogs, Runners, and Subarus have in Common? They Love the Rain!

I had a huge post of rain jokes and stories about today... but it is late.  And I have forgotten most of what I had written in my brain.  So....  Just the facts.  

It rained today.  It is raining now.  It may rain this weekend.  And possibly tomorrow morning.   In any case, it does not stop us from running out in it.   Do we have a death wish?  Anyone ever heard of Pneumonia?  Apparently, not Cheryl.  Oh, sure!  I did my bit for misery back in the Army and Hunting days.  But those days are long past me.  I have slipped into "Old Man Mode" and find a warm bed far more comfortable than a wet bike seat. 

It was nice though.  Minus the wind ,and rain, and clouds.  I'm sure it would have been a nice day. The trail was mostly vaccant, except for the dog walkers  who owned  Subarus.  Is that a common thread? Subaru Owners walking their dogs or wives in the rain?  I think that somehow says something about Subaru owners.  And I'm leaning towards the "good" things.   Maybe crazy?

Stockings have been picking up.   We did 25 yesterday. Today was only 7, but there were questions.  And Cheryl is beginning her "let's get stockings done" phase as we continue to run and bike closer to home.   

I'll keep this short, since I forgot the eloquent prose I had written in my mind several hours ago.   And no one really wants to read a long post about nothing mid week.   I'll have more to say on the weekend when we do some Corm Maze run, Cheryl found on Craig's List.  I'm sure it will be worth the $35 bucks that we spent for a T shirt and a pumpkin. Runner's are an odd breed. 

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry where ever you live.  Even if the weather has turned more Spring like, rather than Fall.   Hey!  At least the Snow is not falling yet!  ( knock on wood!)   Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

This morning as the skies threatened rain, I pulled into the KVR parking lot next to 3 other blue Subarus. Two more were on the other end but different colors. Yep. Hiking with Charlie in the light rain. It is perfect hiking weather. No bugs, no heat!

So you have another race this weekend? Fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That cat is ready for hunting! Running in the rain takes dedication!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails