Friday, January 14, 2022

Snow, Sweaters, and Driving with Cheryl.

The snow has arrived!  And it is supposed to not stop until tomorrow sometime.  I think we are supposed to get somewhere around 4-8 inches. AND... it is going to get colder...  Fun times. 

The good news is that Sylvia made Hiro a warm knit sweater for these cold, Winter days of Iowa. With no reference at all, I think she nailed his size perfectly.  Cheryl is all a-gush with it. She has not stopped talking about Hiro's Cuteness since he put it on.   Hiro, on the other hand, seems to be tolerating it for the moment.  He is a cat, after all.   And he seems to be ready to disrobe at a moments notice.   But Cheryl can't seem to get enough of him, so looks like he will have to endure the fancy clothes for a little while longer. 

The 17 mile run did a bit of a number on Cheryl.   She hurt a bit after that she feared her Ankle would swell up if she did not take a break.  So... We have been taking this opportunity to drive the New Cherry Bomb Subie around while also allowing Cheryl some much needed driving practice.  

Now,  I'll be the first to admit that I am a terrible passenger.  I get that from my Mother.  (At least I did not get her lead feet and aggressive driving habits....) She was a terrible passenger as well and demanded to be the Full Time Family driver.  I don't know how Dad tolerated her... 

Years later, I have been the mostly full time driver in our household.  It was not too hard.. Especially since we only had one vehicle for so many years. 

But now... we have two.   And Cheryl has not driven much over the last 11 years, so why not give her a shot. 

The problem is she has to deal with me complaining and narrating all the while she is driving.   Not that she is a bad driver.   She has driven plenty of miles and years before she met me, so I know she is fully capable.   And as far as safety,  I think we are on par...  even speeding tickets.   ( I have had 2 in my life.) 

But that does not stop me from behaving as if I am starring in a Mad Max movie.  Sometimes I think she has tunnel vision.  Other times I think she is going to destroy the car.  But mostly, I know I am the one with the problem and try, in vain mind you... to keep quiet.   So basically I have to distract myself and not look out the windshield.  

Not sure if we will be running/biking tomorrow.   It will depend on the roads and conditions.   Not to mention the trail!   I'm not feeling very confident that the plows will have things clear by 10 AM.  But, we will find out. 

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe from the snow.   Blizzards are not very fun to drive in...even with a Subaru. The weekend is upon us!  So have a good one!    Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We didn't have to go anywhere and we didn't get a lot of snow. Just enough to get everything nice and fluffy again and lots of blowing stuff.

Good for snow shoes today! Maybe skis later...

Jon said...

The photo of Hiro and Cheryl is so sweet. I didn't know that cats could tolerate sweaters. If I ever tried to put sweaters on my two felines they would completely freak out.

Rural Tennessee is supposed to get 3-8 inches of snow tonight (Saturday). I'll be okay, as long as there are no power outages.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails