Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A Fellow Subaru Enthusiast.

I have been putting this post off for a while now, so it is about time I get it out there.   There is a fellow Subie Enthusiast at work who has turned his humble Subaru. WRX into a MONSTER!   Complete with Launch control,  Oil and Air filters that are space age,  and No Cat converter.  He has souped it up to where he can drag and race with it at the race track.  But it is actually his daily driver.  

We both started the GXO job at the same day and I noted his Car.   And he loves to talk about all of the things he has modded it with.   He is definitely a gear head. 

We spent nearly a half an hour talking about Subies and all of the magic they can do.   He liked mine with all of the badges and mile markers on the back.   I told him about the 400,000 mile goal I have set for The Silver Bullet and he has offered to help make that happen.   Though. I doubt I could afford the plans he would have.  

Either way,  he has a cool car and likes to talk about it.   Did I mention it has Launch Control?    He pushes a button and dumps fuel into the system to sprint things up.   It is not environmentally friendly,  but quick off the start. Just what every Subi needs!   ( ok, maybe not mine... yet.)  

I'm not really a speed guy.  I still like the idea of having a car that can go off road and handle most conditions.   It is a throw back to my early Jeep days.   But I got into a lot of trouble with the jeep all those years ago.   And I would not be eager to break an expensive Subaru just to get my mud fix.  Besides,   Snow is really where Subies reach their full  potential. 

Brian in the Car...

Anyway,  Brian ( The guy with the Monster!)   Set me up with another Badge for my Silver Bullet.  Apparently,  Subie people in the "know" know that this brand of Japanese Car parts is the brand all Subaru enthusiasts gravitate towards. They are expensive and unique to modding a Subaru for Supercar Status.   I doubt I will be adding any of these parts to My Subaru,  but it is a nod to the folks who take their Subies very seriously.   Just like me.   

Another Badge of Honor for Silver Bullet.

Thanks for stopping in.   Geeking out about Subaru's is just something that has to be done now and then.   Thanks for putting up with me. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I get lost in all the gear head talk but do appreciate a pretty car:)

Val Ewing said...

I bought my first Subaru from a gear head, he had to have a hot rod Subaru which he rarely ever drove, but then he collected cars.

Nice looking hot rod ride!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails