Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Big Kick Off For The Holiday Weekend!

What a busy day!  First, I want to say I have not been blogging much because I got a job at GXO...  a Warehouse distributor.  We had training for three days and then got our feet wet at the actual warehouse on Thursday and Friday.  It starts early, but it also finishes up at 3P.M.!   Nice!  

I then went right from there to scoring at "home"   Until 11 P.M.!   Burning the candle at both ends does not leave much room for anything else.  Including any running or blogging.  But Friday GXO  informed us that we will be taking the weekend and the 4th off.  ( holiday pay for the 4th!  YEAH!) And last night,  just as I finished my 40 hours,  Pearson ran out of papers.  So no scoring this weekend either!  I have the entire Three day weekend off!   Yeah!

So what do we do with our new found time?   Well,  Dave had plans!  And I decided to tag along. 

First!  7:30 CrossFit! This was my second engagement with those crazy people and they totally SMOKED ME!  I can't do Chin ups.   I can barely do push ups any more.  ( but I'm getting better)  And I thought I would be able to hang with the 400 M Sprint/Run.   I wasn't!  I ran out of fuel about half way through my first lap.   Sprinting is Hard!   And exhausting.  I spent most of the 36 minute suffer-fest trying to catch my breath.. While Dave continued to do all of the heavy lifting. 

But it had to eventually end.. and I officially felt like I had worked on my arms and upper body today.   I hurt from the waist up, but it was a "good" kind of hurt. I certainly have a long way to go...

After CrossFit,  Dave needed a Massage from a Local Physical Therapist.  He had pulled his back and hip flexor several days ago and it had been bothering him.   So while he did that... I investigated Tenutas!   An Italian Deli!  

I guess it is famous.   Famous people visit there and I can see why.  First,  They are Connected!  ( if you know what I mean....)  George Bush, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dr Ruth just to name a few.  

Second!   They had lots of Italian stuff.   Olives,  Olive Oil, Wine, Pasta...  All while Dean Martin sang over the intercom.  Followed by Tony Bennet and Frank Sinatra.  If there was any place to capture the Italian Atmosphere, it was here.   Lots of goodies and deli stuff as well.   I would say that Beer and Wine was over 50 % of the store.   They had a HUGE selection of craft beers.

And the wine ranged from affordable to UBER expensive.  The "good" stuff was locked behind glass, so I'm sure those are for special events. 

Did I get anything.  Well, no.  Currently, I'm trying to limit my pasta and alcohol intake.  And I never really cared much about olives or Mediterranean stuff. 

After that,  Dave picked me up and we went home.   I took the opportunity to dismantle his truck door in an attempt to fix his driver's side mirror.  Because..  I was bored!  And I enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together.  Sometimes I even fix things!

His mirror had been wobbly ever since he purchased the truck, so I figured it would just require a tightening of a bolt  or nut.   I was wrong. 

The entire mirror assembly needs to be replaced.   The fixture that holds the mirror in place was totally rusted out.  So.. Until he gets a replacement.  I decided to use the Handy Man secret weapon...  Tape!  

Duct tape would clash with the paint of the truck,   so I used electrical tape instead.  It works!  For the moment. But once it rains or the snow flies,  it will need to be replaced properly. 

Now that was already a pretty full day!  But it was not over...  Dave and I went Fishing.  Because...  4th of July Weekend!   Dad and I used o go Perch fishing on the 4th every year.   We would bake out under the sun and sometimes actually catch the mother lode of Perch from Lake Michigan.  ( Saugatuck!  Michigan.)  

Well, No Perch today...  But we did catch some nice bluegills again.  Some of them are still on the beds, so  they are large and fairly easy to catch.   Not quite as voracious  as last time...  But still plenty of fun. 

We decided to keep our catch to a reasonable number.  Unlike last time, when we got three meals out of the bluegills.  I think we could get two meals easy.    We cleaned them up and then Dave tossed some steaks on the grill.  

I can't remember the last time I had a steak.   Or any beef for that matter!  ( Maybe on a pizza?)   The steak was perfect on its own...  NO steak sauce required.   But Dave did add some onions to the top for a tasty Photo Op.   

And that was all!   That was enough!  A full day and a heck of a start for the 4th of July Weekend.   Tomorrow will be Church and perhaps I can get in a nice run.   I could also  take a really long nap in he middle of the afternoon.  Oh the possibilities!  

I hope everyone is having a fun and festive 4th of July weekend so far.   Get out those grills and enjoy the summer weather.   And thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy 4th of July! Hope you like the new job, sounds like you are very busy? Will you eventually go back to Wellman, Cheryl and the cats? Hope they are doing okay! :)

Val Ewing said...

Yippee for you and CrossFit! I love our box and our folks.
Sounds like you have been super busy crazy-busy.

Good thing you can go fishing. I just love going fishing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails